Daytona 200 on tomorrow

TimTheAzn

The race was great.  My prediction that the top 5 would be (former) AMA regulars did not pan-out, but the podium was indeed swept by professional riders.

What I really enjoyed though was watching the privateers I know (and more than I "know" through facebook and forums) putting on a great show on the national stage.

Jason Farrell led the race for a turn or two before crashing and going down 3 laps.  15 years ago he probably could have 'turned pro' after that kind of showing.  Carl Soltisz (who shows up to OMRL races occasionally) was running inside the top 10 before a mechanical failure. 

Those guys are both accomplished club racers with WERA and CCS, but it makes me want to try and make the qualifying cut so when I'm old and fat, I can say "I raced the Daytona 200 once."

It seems like it could be done for a reasonable cost if your only goal is to finish...  "Reasonable" being a relative term, of course.

Sorry, scratch that...here is the correct link...

http://www.fanschoice.tv/component/contushdvideoshare/player/ama-pro/74th-annual-daytona-200774 

Ignore the message: "Please login to watch this video", just hit the Home button and find under Recent Videos.

Edited by dpgasser