new from east palestin

wastedyouth2542

Hey guys, names curtis. I have a few bikes, only one is running (almost ready for paint).

Currently this consumes all my time, trying to get it done by Saturday since it's supposed to be nice.

I bought it the beginning of February for $500. New tires and battery, needed an ignition coil and some love.

image1_zpsgwrha8cr.png

Here is where I am today:

IMG_0593_zps8j3eiyvx.jpg

image2%205_zpsfrqvhnfp.jpg

I pulled the carbs off last night to jet them and found a pin hole in the one diaphragm, so i dabbed some glue on it as a temp fix and ordered new diaphragms.  Fuel pump decided to stop working two days ago and i finally got around to testing my rad fan, which is also broken.

I totaled a cb650 two years ago and broke my back, i cut the neck off of it and made a new frame, it's not too close to being done though.  Looking forward to a ton of riding and camping this year, planning on heading to deals gap around April 16 but just for a day, I want to ride into SC and then up the coast and back to home in about 5 days/4 nights.

But anyway, just found this site and figured maybe someone on a website with a motorcycle actually lives close enough to hang out/ride/party with!

Welcome to the OR! I used to have an 83 Shadow 750 with the same pipes. It was my first bike. Rode it for 3 seasons before I lost a big end bearing. This was after a new paint job and some other investments. I decided to rebuild her and got her back on the road. Ended up selling her and upgrading to a FZ1. I have a lot of good memories with that bike!