Less strict gun rules start in Ohio today (be sure to read the article comments)

Casper

Oh the ignorant and clueless people, it never ceases to amaze we what jibberish they spew about things they do not understand nor will ever understand. The naivety of some is just staggering, you really have to wonder if they were dropped on their head as a baby.

I think the biggest flaw in this new law is the mandate that all criminals purchase a fully automatic, 2 shot, silenced shotgun with 32-rnd clips and settle all disputes at noon out back.

I think the biggest flaw in this new law is the mandate that all criminals purchase a fully automatic, 2 shot, silenced shotgun with 32-rnd clips and settle all disputes at noon out back.

Exactly. Another expensive government overreach.

• Upvote 1

Don't need a trust now, the new law states Sheriff must sign off unless you are otherwise prohibited. Big for Franklin Co residents

Uh, you ever try to deal with the Franklin County Sheriff office?  Im still waiting on my CCW renewal that is about to eclipse their "required 45 day approval on renewals".  This was after already renewing it once with them and having the SAME issue.  I even asked them specifically about it this year and if it would be 44 days to the day, they said no way and I would be quick since this was my 2nd renewal with them. 

I can only imagine how bad it would be for me to get a signature from them for something fun.  Would be easier for me just to spend 90 bux on an NFA trust online and be done with it.  Plus then I know the toys go right to my wife or son(s).

Unless I can no longer legally use a trust?  I wouldn't think that's the case but if I can, I will definitely go that route over jacking around with Franklin county. 

Edit: just checked I got my renewal done on Feb 20 2015 at 8:00am so we are already at 30+ days.

Edited by madcat6183

Oh man, I cannot wait to read the comments. 

High note CO, FL, GA all are now good!  Finally.

There is a guy in the Ohio AG office that is in charge of making these agreements happen. He is very pro reciprocity....there will be many more. PA might be a problem though, they have a new AG that is very anti.  Where did you see CO and Ga?  Florida is on Ohio AG's website but the others are not. One of the internet maps show it but the others do not.......

There is a guy in the Ohio AG office that is in charge of making these agreements happen. He is very pro reciprocity....there will be many more. PA might be a problem though, they have a new AG that is very anti.  Where did you see CO and Ga?  Florida is on Ohio AG's website but the others are not. One of the internet maps show it but the others do not.......

Map that Scheetze - KawiDBsucksfatcock posted on FB.

I cant link as I am at work, but it's on buckeyefirearms or soemthing.

Also just thought about something, I am about to get my LLC started on the side, I think I can just use that vs a Trust anyways right?  Although the Trust next of kin idea I like a lot.

LLC is same. Just list next of kin as officers on the LLC.

And two completely different departments handle CCW as opposed to NFA. It will be handled. They've ben sued already over it. If you've a clean background he now has to sign off. Stop being negative and do it.

They have 45 days on your CCW, they'll use it. You should already know that

Uh, you ever try to deal with the Franklin County Sheriff office?  Im still waiting on my CCW renewal that is about to eclipse their "required 45 day approval on renewals".  This was after already renewing it once with them and having the SAME issue.  I even asked them specifically about it this year and if it would be 44 days to the day, they said no way and I would be quick since this was my 2nd renewal with them. 

I can only imagine how bad it would be for me to get a signature from them for something fun.  Would be easier for me just to spend 90 bux on an NFA trust online and be done with it.  Plus then I know the toys go right to my wife or son(s).

Unless I can no longer legally use a trust?  I wouldn't think that's the case but if I can, I will definitely go that route over jacking around with Franklin county. 

Edit: just checked I got my renewal done on Feb 20 2015 at 8:00am so we are already at 30+ days.

wow... My initial, and my renewal both took 3 days in Franklin county...

Shit just got real, five more states announced. F'ing TEXAS is on the list. New Hampshire ffs!!....Just got to figure out a way to get reciprocity with PA...that is going to be tough.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/OHAG/bulletins/f9f0aa?reqfrom=share

Edit: Be careful, Texas and Wisconsin might be only for licenses issued from today on.....because of the new way we do background checks.

Edited by Tonik