Ducati Monster 696 2009

jschaf

Original owner (my wife). 6,387 miles (may go up slightly, but no trips planned).  Never down. Always garaged.

Pazzo Levers,  Upgraded mirrors (stock ones were, well, Ducati mirrors), 1 1/4" handlebar risers. Otherwise, bike is stock.

Timing belts replaced & valves checked (good) by DucRx last August at 6,100 miles.

800 miles on Pirelli Angel GT tires.

$5,000.

M696%20RH_zpsha5ymame.jpgM696%20LH_zpsknxlvhfw.jpg

Sorry to go off topic... How did your wife like it? Had she ridden before? I'd like to look into one of these for my gf, but not sure if they're beginner friendly or not

She liked the bike but has determined that cruising is more her style at 55 years old. She has her eye on a new Kawasaki Vulcan S. Her 1st bikè was a Suzuki S40. The Duc would be suitable for a beginner that wants to learn sport riding. It will eat up corners with no chance of breaking the back tire loose on corner exits (approx 70 rwhp, just over 400 lb wet weight). No ground clearance issues, Good brakes (Brembos with braided stainless steel lines). It definitely has that Ducati sound too. A good rider would be able to keep with the group on any ride that is not mach-retard pace.

Sorry to go off topic... How did your wife like it? Had she ridden before? I'd like to look into one of these for my gf, but not sure if they're beginner friendly or not

Steve, Monsters are very rider friendly especially the lower HP versions like this one.  My husband has an S4RS and it is ridiculously fun to ride and probably one of the most confidence inspiring bikes I've ever ridden. The only thing that might be an issue is the clutch. Most Ducs have very heavy clutch pulls (can't think of a better way to describe it) and people with smaller hands can have issues with it. I put an aftermarket slave on mine and it made a world of difference. Not sure if that is as big of deal on this bike though. 

Mary