oh puck

zx3vfr

Here is one for Iphones that does a lot more.  I am one of the beta testers for the Android version, it will be coming out very soon.

Interesting.  How does your phone automatically generate a crash alert?  Is there an accelerometer built in to some/all of the new generation of phones?

Cool app….unless your GF/wife wants to figger out where you've been going on your "Thursday night boys only ride"….

Interesting.  How does your phone automatically generate a crash alert?  Is there an accelerometer built in to some/all of the new generation of phones?

Cool app….unless your GF/wife wants to figger out where you've been going on your "Thursday night boys only ride"….

Yep, there are accelerometers in the them all now.  As for your wife tracking you just don't publish on Thurdsay's.  I use another app to let her track me whenever I am on a trip, I posted the link here before when we did the Mt. Rushmore trip.

The only problem with phone apps is they rely on you having phone service to send for help. I know for certain that there are many twisty roads in far off places of this country that none of the major cell carriers cover. As much as they are expensive the Spot trackers are satellite based during an emergency and don't require a cell signal.