Looking for armored shorts recommendations.

Mary#17

Anybody using armored shorts (undershorts) out there?  I'm considering some to go under our Kevlar jeans. The jeans have knee armor but only offer slight hip padding. Thanks in advance for any recommendations. 

Mary

I was considering these. 

https://www.ridersdiscount.com/motorcycle-armor-protection/shorts/icon-stryker-shorts-121083

28778-black-icon-stryker-shorts-under-pr

The ones I prefer are the One Industries EXO, which are marketed to MX and downhill bike guys. I use mine dual sporting, and also mountain biking, but the reason I like them so much is they have a really excellent chamois crotch/taint pad which really helps to reduce soreness in the saddle. Excellent protection, too, I've crash tested them many times.

http://www.artscyclery.com/One_Industries_Exo_Liner_Short_with_Elite_Chamois/descpage-OIELSWC.html?crumb=SALEITEMSM

EVS makes a decent breathable mesh version of these, but I can't remember the name...they're good in the summer on hot days, to reduce that not-so-fresh feeling down there, also known as weapons-grade swamp ass.

Mary, I've got the exact shorts you've got pic'd -- I like them, and they remind me of "buck naked" undies from Duluth Trading....very open feel and are not hot to wear.  I nabbed mine at IronPony a couple years ago, and at a fairly decent price if memory serves.

• Upvote 1