Just dropped $600 on my Monte carlo

o-no-moto

OK so I am one of those people that like to get my moneys worth from something. I just dropped 600$ worth on my Monte Carlo,s supenson. I don't see the use in going in debit for a new car payment when I can fix and upgrade parts myself. It's a 01 Monte Carlo Ss with all the bells and whistles. still sucks having to drop $600 on it though. This damn thing better ride like new. Ok rant is over

I am not as lucky with the rust in this car. It has the same rust on the rocker panel under the ground effect because the last and any other owner didn't take care of the underside. And with the cheap thin sheet metal they use on cars now a days you can't get away from it. Hell I,ve seen trucks 3-4 years old with the cab corners and bed wheel wells all ready starting to bubble. And it kinda sucks for about 20-25 years they didn't build cars to become collectables. I think a lot of people had the mind set about bout 8 years it was time for a new car

Just dropped 135 for a tow last night, pilot bearing is likely in several pieces on my 95 s14.

Of course I only got to enjoy my badass new coilovers for 2 months. I'm having wonderful luck lately.

Twas my last donut for a while... not the bakery kind

[emoji20]

I do agree on the car payment thing, I'm staying away from one as long as I can. not a bad choice to fix what you got.

Just got mine paid off 2 months ago. Just got new tires, inner tie rod,rear seat bar links, upper control arm, serpentine belt, and an alignment. Hoping that's all I need for a while...

Was thinking of throwing coilovers in around fall for fun too.

I put $2100 in our 2005 Subaru last summer. New head gaskets, oil pan, struts, power steering pump. I'm about to throw another $1000 into it next week for lower control arms, stabilizer links, CV axle and an oxygen sensor. The car has 180k miles on it and has zero rust, anywhere. Fuck a car payment.

I don't do car payments. But it does get to a point when 3 500+$ repairs happen in a relative short time that it is time to get a new car. I try to stay under 7$k with around 100k or less miles. Usually drive something for 4-5 years. My focus though kept going and going and going. I would have kept it but getting an infant in and out of the back of a 2 door started to play havoc on my shoulder.

Yeah. Poly is for the track but will make you car ride like a pickup truck on the street.

Most people are steering away from poly all together anymore for performance means. It's all about replacing as many bushings as possible with sphericals now. Other than the few good places to use poly that have been mentioned, steering/sway bars, full car poly bushing kits are a big hoax and actually hinder suspension performance and articulation. If you're replacing suspension parts on a daily driver, always stick with oem bushings if you can.

i'm not a huge fan of that generation monte carlo SS (compared to prior generations), but $600 ain't so bad.

All of my vehicles are paid off, and I pretty much assume i'm going to spend at least a grand a year on them. 

i'm not a huge fan of that generation monte carlo SS (compared to prior generations), but $600 ain't so bad.

All of my vehicles are paid off, and I pretty much assume i'm going to spend at least a grand a year on them.

Yeah the nice thing is so is this one and there are still plenty of parts cars.If you have a cheap scanner and a basic knowledge of how newer cars work there still pretty easy to work on.

i'm not trying to bash on your gen Monte Carlo either btw, I just associate them w/ my neighbors who sort of suck.

They have a black SS and a black Dale Jr. edition.  Their cats torment my dogs.

I don't hate the car, I just don't  understand why 2 people who live together would own the same vehicle.  No versatility... 

Screw car payments.  I own all of my vehicles and they all need something done to them.  

The Duc is down due to an issue with the clutch - dies when I put it in gear - needs belts, oil/filter, coolant flush and the 951 has a bad clutch slave cylinder so it'll sit until I get around to it (needs a clutch and timing belt, too).  The Powerstroke needs front end work and new tires while the YJ is doing just fine except for rust. 

All told, that's about $5,000 of repairs on just three of them and that is still better than car payments.  

Edited by baptizo

i'm not trying to bash on your gen Monte Carlo either btw, I just associate them w/ my neighbors who sort of suck.

They have a black SS and a black Dale Jr. edition.  Their cats torment my dogs.

I don't hate the car, I just don't  understand why 2 people who live together would own the same vehicle.  No versatility...

Naaah no harm. Everybody has there car they don't like. For me its a toss up between a chevett,tempo,probe,or a Aztec.