Should Concealed Carry Firearms Be Allowed On Campus?

Casper

Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Concealed Carry Firearms Be Allowed On Campus?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't really care

It doesn't have to be an "unarmed victim zone". That point is kind of lame to me as we've seen multiple school shootings, none of the kids (or adults) responsible had their CC. I say why not?

Serious question;  Is this even a question?  Absolutely should be.  Makes no sense at all why colleges are a no carry zone, really any soft target doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.

I had my CCW in college and carried in my car and fraternity house, just for storage in the house though. 

Makes no sense at all why colleges are a no carry zone. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the perception is that college campuses are exclusively populated by impulsive 18-22 yr olds who are drunk all the time.

I am inclined to agree that the population of most campuses is more volatile than your average suburban or city neighborhood, and the increased number of youths does elevate the probability of an issue.  That said, the right to defend yourself shouldn't be compromised by the stupidity (actual or perceived) of ones peers.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the perception is that college campuses are exclusively populated by impulsive 18-22 yr olds who are drunk all the time.

I am inclined to agree that the population of most campuses is more volatile than your average suburban or city neighborhood, and the increased number of youths does elevate the probability of an issue.  That said, the right to defend yourself shouldn't be compromised by the stupidity (actual or perceived) of ones peers.

I don't disagree with you, I was drunk all the time.  BUT I also made a lot of good decisions when sober.  I made my fair share of bad drunk ones, but it was NEVER to carry.  I do like the last sentence you have there, probably one of the best in a long time on here. 

Any place where one can not legally carry that does not use metal detectors is a Criminal Protection Zone. Cause they will carry when you can't.

+1 You are exactly right.  There shouldn't be any limitations for legal carry individuals who are actually following the laws.  I am sure there are plenty of thugs on every campus illegally carrying a firearm.