Yamaha generators on Woot

Casper

I've never heard anyone regret buying the quiet inverter generators, I just can't rationalize spending a grand on something that I don't use very often.

it's definitely nicer to have a quiet one at the track, but a high-quality extension cord and some thoughtful placement are cheaper options.

My $230 Chinese 3200 watt peak 2500 watt continuous genny is quieter than my snow blower or lawn mower by quite a bit.  I know, because I changed the oil on all 3 at the same time, and ran the snow blower out of gas.  I'm working on a way to run a small fan and pipe the generator exhaust out of my garage.  Then it's all completely contained, and doesn't bother anyone at all.

At the track, you build it a little barrier, or use vehicles to block the noise.  I even saw someone throw plywood over the top of their truck bed with the generator up in it.  that worked surprisingly well.  Seemed to push the sound upward.

I've never heard anyone regret buying the quiet inverter generators, I just can't rationalize spending a grand on something that I don't use very often.

it's definitely nicer to have a quiet one at the track, but a high-quality extension cord and some thoughtful placement are cheaper options.

My $230 Chinese 3200 watt peak 2500 watt continuous genny is quieter than my snow blower or lawn mower by quite a bit.  I know, because I changed the oil on all 3 at the same time, and ran the snow blower out of gas.  I'm working on a way to run a small fan and pipe the generator exhaust out of my garage.  Then it's all completely contained, and doesn't bother anyone at all.

At the track, you build it a little barrier, or use vehicles to block the noise.  I even saw someone throw plywood over the top of their truck bed with the generator up in it.  that worked surprisingly well.  Seemed to push the sound upward.

Yep, we've been doing that for years at the track with the plywood, or firewood usually and trucks.

Actually funny Yammy story, we had been running our race rig, think Neyra's new rig on roids, with a 6500 Yammy genny, not invertor, older bigger style, thing would never work right at the big races where we park in the infield pits.  Only would work when we had plenty of airflow and space to dispense heat.  Obviously it was overheating, replaced it with a Generac from Lowes or HD, whoever.  Never had another issue, going on 3rd season with it, no over heating, nothing.

I could never imagine spending something like some of these cost for something I don't use constantly.  However, after having towed a separate generator around in my truck bed with the old TT, garage with the TH, I will never buy a toy hauler again without a built in generator.  Even if it was a normal 5th wheel camper it would have to have an onboard generator.  Granted I already have my 3500 at home, and plan to do a dedicated whole house eventually, but after having an onboard this time in the toy hauler, it's a must from here out. 

Plus I can buy a lot of 3500's for the price of some of these lol. 

Our car owners do run an inverter if we don't have to run AC at camp now, OLD Honda 1000, powers fridge, hot plate, water pump on their trailer, and our toy haulers genny is pretty quiet since its tucked under the bedroom and in a compartment so we don't worry about that either. 

Let's keep in mind fellas that women act dumb about things they don't want to deal with. Kind a like we do with the laundry.

The house I bought used to have a generator inside the shop that backs feeds the house. Do they make a propane generator that doesn't have to be exhausted outside? It would be nice to have something I can leave in the shop ready to go and fire it up when needed.

I guess I could pipe it outside the shop also.

Edited by max power

Let's keep in mind fellas that women act dumb about things they don't want to deal with. Kind a like we do with the laundry.

The house I bought used to have a generator inside the shop that backs feeds the house. Do they make a propane generator that doesn't have to be exhausted outside? It would be nice to have something I can leave in the shop ready to go and fire it up when needed.

I guess I could pipe it outside the shop also.

So wait, you mean my wife doesn't want to deal with anything besides work and our son?  Ahhhh it all is making sense now. 

• Upvote 1

FWIW, Startron fuel additive is awesome.  Used it over the winter in our Onan which is notorious for carbs going bad during even 1 storage season, and thing has fired up twice no problems.  I added more treated fuel last night and only use 89 or above with additive each tank, but that stuff works. 

I'll be running a can of Stabil through it when we go off the grid camping over Memorial day weekend and then continue but all of the above works very well.

Especially since it's several hundred bucks to get a new carb done. 

FWIW, Startron fuel additive is awesome. Used it over the winter in our Onan which is notorious for carbs going bad during even 1 storage season, and thing has fired up twice no problems. I added more treated fuel last night and only use 89 or above with additive each tank, but that stuff works.

I'll be running a can of Stabil through it when we go off the grid camping over Memorial day weekend and then continue but all of the above works very well.

Especially since it's several hundred bucks to get a new carb done.

I just shut the fuel valve and run the carb dry. Need to run mine soon tho, been a few months.

I just shut the fuel valve and run the carb dry. Need to run mine soon tho, been a few months.

That;s an option too, which I usually do on anything that has fuel on/off.  Onan doesn't, and I always end up with a ton of fuel in my tools at the end of the season so rather than run it for hours I just use the additive.

I do cut off the fuel to my home generator though.