Asshat alert

Sapphy

Have had many asshatters merge into my line as I'm right next to them, cuz they're too lazy to turn their stupid faces 90°... nope, I'll just rely on my mirrors only, cause that the habitual way for most cagers anymore, especially old fucks. Either way, I'm always extremely aware of my surroundings while riding, try my best to be for my own sake anyway. Every time said asshat comes into my lane and cuts me off, I simply fall back, throw up my left hand in a slight waving "fucking dick" gesture, let them see it in their rear view, an then pass their asshat ass quickly and forget about em cause I know it'll happen again another day.

Edited by claine650

Context: before you write someone off as as asshole or dick based on one disagreement or opinion of a situation, it might be a good idea to gather some other data points. A person could say, Derek, I disagree with your assessment, can you explain what you mean?

Relating to the OP, am I defending a driver who acted dangerously, no, but hitting someone's window as they pass is not a good way to address the issue. It seems Sapphy realizes that, and may in the future shrug it off and keep riding

So the LEOs didn't even take the info, they didn't give a shit as expected. Should I of punched his window as he passed me, maybe not, but at the same time he should not have been so close to me in my lane that I could do such a thing. Again it was mostly reflex, and I wanted to get his attention to no come over anymore. If I would have gone any more left I would of been dealing with oncoming traffic, as I was in the left side of the left turn lane.

You sir are an asshat. I have never said lane sharing is OK, and I have never done it. I have been past on 315 by others on bikes lane spitting, as I stand in traffic. The law says we can't do it, and with the high population of your asshat brethren, it is for the best.

Had this been a "He didn't see me" I would not be so pissed, but this was deliberate. We were all stopped. We had been stopped, and he decided getting to work faster was more important than my life. In my book that is assault with a motor vehicle, but my book is a little harsh, I will admit that. And for risking my life he got 5 feet in front of me.

Yep. I'm an asshat because I mention that bikes lane split all the time and if a car did something to try and take you out as you were lane splitting we would all be in up in arms about it, but if a car does it back, they are wrong also. We can't have it both ways.

Take measures in your own hands a bike and stay alert.

Wow, have you met or ridden with Derek?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the point is that it's not legal to share a lane with another vehicle in Ohio and I don't know of any state where it's legal for cars to lane split. It's not something people are looking out for and expecting here and that makes it dangerous regardless of who's doing what. 

In the Cbus area, keep an eye out for a white car Ohio plate FGL5508. He likes to pass bikes in the same lane and does not care how close he gets.  His window got my fist today, but since I am not she hulk I did not smash it. 

We were stopped in traffic, I had left a bigger gap between me and the the car in front of me than maybe need be, but not much more than a car length.  He just wanted to jump ahead, so he pushed passed me.  When I punched his window as he passed, he swerved more.  He actually went left of center after he passed me, before going back into the lane.  And I was sitting in the left side of my lane when this all went down. 

I did not have any intention to do anything to his car.  It was reflex really as he was next to me before I really knew what was going on.  

So when we do it on bikes, it's okay, but when they do it, they are asshats and you hit their window?  

How would you feel if you were lane sharing and they opened their door as you were coming by?

Just shrug it off and keep riding.  

who said it's ok if we do it on bikes?  she certainly didn't in this thread.  are you someone who thinks its ok to regularly share lanes with cars by generally passing them close illegally? if so, you're the asshat.

also, if you don't understand the difference in damage potentials for a car pushing into a car while merging versus a bike pushing into a car while merging, maybe you're not an asshat, just dumb as hell.

generally a pretty lousy thing to say to someone who almost got squished by a car, and a pretty douchey thing to say to a fellow rider who had a pretty good scare.  lame.

as far as i'm concerned, i did not write derek off one way or the other.  i made a simple point that based on what sapphy wrote and what derek wrote, derek's post came off as being chock full of asshatastic to me.  so i'll assume jacob wasn't including me in the little spiel about the importance of not writing people off without riding with them.

but for real, what a shitty ignoramousy asshatty thing to say to someone who nearly got caught up in one of the worst scenarios for street riders: intentionally getting run down by some shitbag in a car.  and just so no one is offended: with all due respect and shit

as far as i'm concerned, i did not write derek off one way or the other... so i'll assume jacob wasn't including me in the little spiel about the importance of not writing people off without riding with them...

...with all due respect and shit

Agreed on all that. Ain't life grand? Haha