Car rental scams

Gump

So others are aware:

Scenario:

Reserved car online weeks ago.hertz accepted the bid at $25/day for a full size car.

Show up and there's a long line.

I opt for the skip the line kiosk where You video conference an agent.

Which ended up taking 45 minutes and no sooner then where I was in line since the video person disappeared.

I insert my credit card, hold up my drivers lisence to the camera. She has my reservation number.

I tell her I do not need insurance.

She says you'll have to sign a insurance waiver and its $10/day. I questioned why I have to pay $10/day because I have my own insurance? And told her I'm not paying you $10/day because I don't need your insurance.

She then says they have no full size cars. I said really? I have a reservation? She says I'm sorry sir stay near the desk so you can hear them call your name it will be about 15 minutes. I told her most places bump you up when that happens.

So I wait. 30 minutes go by. 50 people have come and gone with no reservations.

I get on FB and complain on the hertz site. Dude immediately responds. Tells me to pm him reservation number.

15 min later the front desk lady calls my name. She says I'm sorry it didn't come over. I said it's still only $25/day correct, I Dont need your insurance I have my own, no other charges correct? She said yes.

As I'm driving to drop the car back off I notice the paper states insurance waiver accepted. $37/day.

"Insurance waiver" means I pay and im responsible for nothing.

I explain this problem to the guy that checks your car in. He agrees hertz is messed up. I told him to confirm the car is in excellent shape. I took pics.

Gives me reciept for $80+

I asked him if this is ALL I'm being charged. He says no that's just the insurance. Got managers name and had the catch a shuttle for a plane.

Bastards charged me $280 for something. Actually only a $280 hold. Called CC company to report fraud getting reversed but they can't till something actually posted. Posted on hertz FB again.they asked me to PM them conf. # again.

I'm just getting started.

FB guy later states I signed for the charges no credit is due. No, I posted on FB. I signed a blank screen after your agent confirmed my question and statement which was: it's still only $25/day right? I do NOT need your insurance, and there's no other charges correct? Her Response "yes" then I signed the blank signature screen. Posted on Hertz FB since the guy didn't respond after my

Above post. So you trick your customers, by lying. No response. I'm pretty sure they block your posts after a bit.

I'm use to dealing with the you need insurance and other crap from car rental places but this was a total scam.

#1 if you book online thru a service such as Priceline they charge you at the time of booking for the car.

#2 the car rental places want you to think the reciept they hand you after returning the car is everything you've been charged for the car

#3 it is policy to bump you up if they do not have the car you reserved

#4 consumer affairs and the BBB are your friend

#5 The person you booked your reservation with if not directly booked is your friend

#6 check your receipts when they hand you something

So far the pending charges from Hertz have disappeared from my CC.

That right there sounds like a NIGHTMARE!  I just used Enterprise on 2 different occassions in a month and had great results both times.  Granted it was more than $25 a day for a car, but no issues at all and both cars were 2015's, one with less than 1,500 miles.

All car rental companies pit a hold on your card, same with hotels, gas stations, etc.

Sounds like a bad customer service situation overall.

I've used hertz and never had problems. The counter service usually isn't the best, and I prefer to do my booking online to get a better rate. I don't accept the gas waiver and I'm about 50/50 on the insurance waiver.

All car rental companies pit a hold on your card, same with hotels, gas stations, etc.

Sounds like a bad customer service situation overall.

I've used hertz and never had problems. The counter service usually isn't the best, and I prefer to do my booking online to get a better rate. I don't accept the gas waiver and I'm about 50/50 on the insurance waiver.

It's when you tell them you need no insurance that they get all pissy. Then if you tell them you have insurance they hit you with the "you are still liable" sales pitch crap and try to sell you another package, and so on. Their super friendly when you buy all there gunk.

I fill it up myself before returning. I only use the bring it back empty option of its a difficult area and timeline with meetings and flights.

So the BBB contacted Hertz with my statement and Hertz replied with a sincere apology crediting anything that I was charged. I'd like to know what pay structure Hertz gives their employee to make them such gold diggers.