school me on the 99-04 mustang GT's

oldschoolsdime92

What's wrong with the c4s?

Every generations is going to have advancements. The c4 isn't a bad vette

The wedge is widely regarded as the worst Corvette ever made. It has no style, the plastic interior is like a Camaro of the same era. Just not the greatest Vette. Still probably better mechanically then a 76 and up C3, but that one at least looked cool.

Pretty sure that smog choked mama was good for 180 hp. Stupid gubment.

Sounds like your just looking for a fun 5 speed to drive. Maybe it's because if owned a few but foxbody Mustangs are fun to drive and can be had cheaply. Which leaves more for go fast parts. The last one i owned was a "toy".  Which means when driven i was not kind to it. Not abused but for sure beat on. If i where to do it again i would find a clean notchback.  Now you got me thinking............Finish the MG,sell it and buy a stang.

Sounds like your just looking for a fun 5 speed to drive. Maybe it's because if owned a few but foxbody Mustangs are fun to drive and can be had cheaply. Which leaves more for go fast parts. The last one i owned was a "toy". Which means when driven i was not kind to it. Not abused but for sure beat on. If i where to do it again i would find a clean notchback. Now you got me thinking............Finish the MG,sell it and buy a stang.

Going to look at an 02 tomorrow . I'll report back

• 2 weeks later...

The t45 Trans has been known to seize up also... But I'm not sure how much of that is the driver or not... But common report (happened to me and ponyjr both on ours)... I drove my car like I stole it though to be fair

My car seems to be a strange year. In 01 they changed transmissions mid year to a t3650( which is what mine has) and at some point between 01-03 ford changed the oil capacity from 5 to 6 quarts. No real reason why. Ive put about 300 miles on the car since I picked it up. Lots of detail work. I spent about 20 hours behind the buffer getting the paint respectable at 10  feet. Car needs paint. Typical ford clear coat failure in places. Some fading in others. All in all, its a nice car. Once I get the suspension updated, it will be a real hoot to drive. 

822327BB-F10B-4224-9338-42192FEA22F2_zps

I have some clear failing on the wheels as well. At one point I'd seen a company that would refinish wheels, but I can't seem to find them anywhere now. Talked to a few guys but all said I would lose my polished lip if they did them. Any suggestions? 

My car seems to be a strange year. In 01 they changed transmissions mid year to a t3650( which is what mine has) and at some point between 01-03 ford changed the oil capacity from 5 to 6 quarts. No real reason why. Ive put about 300 miles on the car since I picked it up. Lots of detail work. I spent about 20 hours behind the buffer getting the paint respectable at 10 feet. Car needs paint. Typical ford clear coat failure in places. Some fading in others. All in all, its a nice car. Once I get the suspension updated, it will be a real hoot to drive.

822327BB-F10B-4224-9338-42192FEA22F2_zps

I have some clear failing on the wheels as well. At one point I'd seen a company that would refinish wheels, but I can't seem to find them anywhere now. Talked to a few guys but all said I would lose my polished lip if they did them. Any suggestions?

Wheel medic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks rawlins. I've opted to just go new wheels. Next on the list is suspension. 

Probably going with the maximum motorsports sport box..

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/1999-04-GT-hardtop-Sport-Box-P964.aspx

I've not 100% dead set on this set up yet, but in talking with Jack from maximum, adding the panhard bar is the way to go. Apparently the stock 4 links has quite a few issues. 

As for wheels and tires. I believe we are going with fr500s. 9 in up front with a 275 tire and a 10.5 in the rear with a 305 tire. I need to verify that the 305 will fit with the lowering of the car, but I love the staggered look with the big rear lip.