RIP Racers

whaler

Tragic, for sure.   Read a couple days ago that one of the riders' bike's had cut out on the sprint for turn 1 off the start, when that happened is when other riders collided and went cartwheeling off track.  I can't find the link that tells that tale, but I just read where spectators said it had rained fairly hard just prior to the start -- so it could've been wheelspin that caused the crashes, not engine failure?

Tragic, for sure.   Read a couple days ago that one of the riders' bike's had cut out on the sprint for turn 1 off the start, when that happened is when other riders collided and went cartwheeling off track.  I can't find the link that tells that tale, but I just read where spectators said it had rained fairly hard just prior to the start -- so it could've been wheelspin that caused the crashes, not engine failure?

or electrical issues due to the rain?  I know a buddy's 675 quit working during a wet race once and had to dry out before it would start again.  Either way, one bike suddenly slowing and others colliding with it from behind at least explains how things got crazy.

A bike cutting out on the start is what I read as well...it seems very late for some type of rider error/stall off the line and you don't see anyone stationary off the immediate start.    Doesn't seem to be any video of the initiation of the crash, earliest video I found showed riders falling off/skidding under the bridge/sign.

RIP riders...

I read the same thing.  I think it was Colin Edwards who first tweeted an article Monday morning citing an electrical problem on an S1000RR.  Chain reaction and mayhem afterward.  I can't find the article anymore either