Motorcyclist dies in crash

coolblue

Says car did not see motorcycle in intersection.

NBC 4

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio -- Ross County sheriff's deputies are investigating a fatal motorcycle accident Thursday, NBC 4 reported.

The accident happened about 7 p.m. Wednesday.

The sheriff's office said Raymond Evans Jr. was heading southbound on U.S. Route 23, approaching the Rozelle Creek Road intersection.

According to the office, another vehicle pulled into the intersection, not seeing the motorcycle, and Evans hit the car. Evans was transported to Adena Regional Medical Center where he died.

One of the guys I work with was down that way yesterday and passed the scene just after it happened. He said the bike (some sort of cruiser) was destroyed. There were pieces and parts everywhere. He saw the guy laying on the ground before the paramedics got there. He did not have a helmet on and he didn't see one in sight. Sucks, hate to hear this shit.

people in the cars still arent looking for the bikes yet

I was heading west bound on 270 from gahanna, and a mile or so before 71 there is one of those digital signs they can change what it says... Said something like "Drive smart Look out for Motorcycles" I thought that was pretty cool

RIP

I was heading west bound on 270 from gahanna, and a mile or so before 71 there is one of those digital signs they can change what it says... Said something like "Drive smart Look out for Motorcycles" I thought that was pretty cool

RIP

Had the same sign on 71 S just north of Polaris.

It is definitly that time of year.. I hate riding in the Spring for that very reason.

RIP

Some bikers don't watch out for cars either. On my way home from work last week there was a sport bike literally up underneath the back of a navigator (well it was some sort of huge suv anyway) on the corner of east broad and reynoldsburg-NA rd. Traffic was slow and as I pulled up I asked if they needed any help or if anyone was injured. The biker turned around laughing and said no. Didn't see a helmet or jacket on him either.

I hate it when bikers ride a cars ass. I don't get it. A buddy of mine always does and I get embarrassed. Plus he's just making it more dangerous for himself. Stoplights he does it too; he's right on their bumper. Me, I leave escape space incase the car behind me is not stopping and I can bail off to the side of the stopped car in front of me. I don't get people on bikes that tailgate. :dunno:

I hate it when bikers ride a cars ass. I don't get it. A buddy of mine always does and I get embarrassed. Plus he's just making it more dangerous for himself. Stoplights he does it too; he's right on their bumper. Me, I leave escape space incase the car behind me is not stopping and I can bail off to the side of the stopped car in front of me. I don't get people on bikes that tailgate. :dunno:

+1

RIP

same here man... the scariest shit ever is when youre sitting at a light and you hear tires screeching behind you.

a lot of times at lights ill stop behind the car in front of me, but way over to the left, almost like im going to split the lane... i feel like it gives me an out, and maybe if someone does come screeching up, they will hit the car and not me.

People that don't ride just don't think that there may be a bike where they are going to turn.

That is why a lot of guys I know are getting head light modulators or wear bright colors or anything to get the cage drivers attention.