WalmartGP or, how to get arrested at Walmart

Casper

Why are cops such dicks... 

Pure win.

Cops were total dicks, there's nothing illegal about what they were doing.

The guys riding the handicap scooters were dicks, too.  They deserve what they get for being general jackasses.

Think about it, if your life sucks so bad that you work at WalMart, the LAST thing you need is two douchebags making your day worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The guys riding the handicap scooters were dicks, too.  They deserve what they get for being general jackasses.

Think about it, if your life sucks so bad that you work at WalMart, the LAST thing you need is two douchebags making your day worse.

They were just goofing around not causing any additional work or anything for the employees.  What was up their rear other than they work at walmart?  Which by the way isn't the fault of the two guys.  The cops were being total jerks.  If the good ones want respect they need to handle dbags like those guys. 

• Upvote 1

That first officer has the wrong temperament for the job. That said, failure to comply with a lawful order (I.e. Take off your helmet) is obstructing official business, and the officer can legally detain him at that point.

• Upvote 2

The guys riding the handicap scooters were dicks, too. They deserve what they get for being general jackasses.

Dude are you serious? These guys didn't damage a thing and we're just cruising around. I'm sure you've seen the videos of people going into walmarts and throwing things off the shelves and damaging property. Those types are douchebags these two guys were just having some fun.

• Upvote 1

Dude are you serious? These guys didn't damage a thing and we're just cruising around. I'm sure you've seen the videos of people going into walmarts and throwing things off the shelves and damaging property. Those types are douchebags these two guys were just having some fun.

The fact that they're less of an idiot than other people who throw things off shelves doesn't make them Joe Normal, minding their own business.

They went out of their way to be dumbasses and to look for trouble.  They found it.  

Them doing something stupid and then complaining when they get arrested astounds me.

It DOESN'T surprise me that people here would stick up for them... I mean, I hate police abusing their power just as much or more than the next guy, but this was a case of citizens abusing their freedom.  They were being jackasses, on purpose, in leathers, in carts made for disabled people, videotaping all of it, for no good reason.  Why defend them?  It's asking for trouble.

• Upvote 1

The cops were being total jerks.  If the good ones want respect they need to handle dbags like those guys. 

Maybe they were being jerks because they were having their time be completely wasted on a call to wal-mart to handle a couple of idiots doing dumb shit, instead of being sent to handle real dbags somewhere ;)

Maybe they were being jerks because they were having their time be completely wasted on a call to wal-mart to handle a couple of idiots doing dumb shit, instead of being sent to handle real dbags somewhere ;)

So maybe they should have done that instead of go to Walmart....The dispatcher should have told the employee to do something better with their time at minimum wage if they weren't actually breaking things etc.  They were going to get bored and move on after a bit anyway I'm sure.  You can only go that slow for so long.  I mean who were they hurting?  The patrons seemed to be enjoying the entertainment. 

I agree with josh and pauly.

The "harmless" prank only remains harmless until a legitimately handicapped person is deprived of use of the electric scooters.

Yes, the cops should have handled it differently, but they don't get to decide who calls them, nor do we know what the caller told dispatch. "Two masked men terrorizing customers and employees" or something...

Seemed to me it was at about 2 in the morning judging by the lack of customers, night time, and zero cars in the lot. I'm "sure" there were plenty of carts available to people who really needed them. Funny video. I'd be curious to see the next 20 minutes of what happened.