2010 Yamaha FZ1 11.22 @ 130mph

silentcropduster

Cool beans. I am no expert by any means but this advice comes from personal episodes. Watch your bars twitch when you throttle and shift. If the front happens to lift and come down when the bars are slightly turned it could possibly induce head shake. I have had it happen and it happens right now. Smooth that out a little and have ball.

Cool beans. I am no expert by any means but this advice comes from personal episodes. Watch your bars twitch when you throttle and shift. If the front happens to lift and come down when the bars are slightly turned it could possibly induce head shake. I have had it happen and it happens right now. Smooth that out a little and have ball.

I know lol, buying a GPR V4 Monday from a friend, just gotta buy the fz1 specific mount.

double thumbin' it!

I haven't tried it on the bike yet. When I lived in Indianapolis I used to go to grudge night at IRP whenever I got the chance.   It's funny how things change once you get married.   Racing = No bueno,  Camaro = No bueno, Anything fun = No bueno.

• Upvote 2

I haven't tried it on the bike yet. When I lived in Indianapolis I used to go to grudge night at IRP whenever I got the chance. It's funny how things change once you get married. Racing = No bueno, Camaro = No bueno, Anything fun = No bueno.

Funny u mention that, my fiance was livid because I went and raced my bike and "hit 130mph, that's dangerous"...u know what else is...walking across the street or heck even riding any type of motorcycle on any roadway. Least at the track a squad is there and if u wreck u slide down the wall not get it head on or get ran over by a cager [emoji12]

double thumbin' it!

Edited by silentcropduster

I haven't tried it on the bike yet. When I lived in Indianapolis I used to go to grudge night at IRP whenever I got the chance.   It's funny how things change once you get married.   Racing = No bueno,  Camaro = No bueno, Anything fun = No bueno.

Exactly.  When you are single the bike is "sexy" when you get married the bike is dangerous all of a sudden!  Wives just drain the fun away... :slap:

My ZX14 ran 9.65 @ 154mph right after getting it's Brocks Performance system and tune.

Of course that was strapped down to a 1/4 mile simulating dyno, in perfect conditions, and before I bought it LOL. The po had the timeslip framed on his garage wall.

I've not ran it at the track myself, but I might eventually manage some passes someday. I'd much rather run the OhioMile, a lot less to worry about on the launch

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1