stripped

John

so basically what i did was take everything off the bike that wasnt essential to its operation. everything that was i tucked up under the seat

i still need to grind the brackets off.

i used the stock tail light and turn signals. i got an LED one coming in the mail soon.

the biggest thing i did was add some dirty bars.

shittygsxr helped me drill the triple. got some risers that would fit and mounted em right up. i like em ALOT more than the clip ons. the clip ons gave it a cool look, but it was a bitch to drive. if i went anywhere over 20 minutes, my back would start to hurt.

i feel like i got more leverage in the front with the dirty bars... i can crank it right over a lot easier it seems.

i got rid of my coolant overflow tank. i got a monster can on the left side now to catch any overflow. should work just as the stock one does. i got the coolant tube from the radiator to go all the way down into the bottom. can is about 1/3 full of coolant. then the overflow tube is about an inch from the top. it can suck the coolant back up in as it cools (if i remember 4th grade science).

i JB welded my gauge to the triple, but it actually broke off last night. need to do it again. i tried to bend it down a little bit b/c i couldnt read it too well, and it came undone.

put the pod filters on. havent rejetted and it runs fine right now. enough for me to drive to class and back. i have an assortment of keihn jets and some shims, so ill probably try to tune it up, but for right now, no problems yet (knock on wood). i think it made it louder, but dont really know...

i checked the plugs, and everything seems to be in okay condition.

here are some pics

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

the plate under the seat is only held on with 4 zip ties, which is why its kinda saggy in the first pic... im gonna screw it onto the frame today, so that will get rid of that problem.

i also got some left over aluminum that im gonna cut and make a little shield for the battery so it doesnt get pelted with debris from the rear tire.

when my LED tail and plate light come in im gonna make a little "fender eliminator" type thingy out of this aluminum sheet and mount the plate on there.

Damn John, I thought mine was naked. I feel over dressed now... :D

Love the Monster can to.

Any other plans for it?

I have a spare pipe for mine, it's the left side though. Could be an interesting mod

• 3 weeks later...