More toys.

Heagachongoose

Awesome, thanks Tpoppa. 

Mango, yeah I was right in your area! I'm actually moving to toledo the end of this summer too. We will have to go ride through some cornfields or whatever the hell you northerners do. lol

Sprocket, you should have! They're weird quirky and addictive but damn are they fun. Realistically you probably made a good choice though as their resale has plummeted and only recently began to rise again. 

Sweet!  Making that SV a track only bike?

Thinking about it.... May just fix and sell it. Been wanting a grom for awhile.  I need a cross country bike too, the xb will be good for that though. If the lady doesn't want the SV and I don't sell it then yeah, it's off to the track :)

Never ridden a Buell, but I like the XB9 footpegs. Drilled out a used set for my Ninja = cheap drop pegs. Congrats on the scoots 

Thanks! Haha, I actually did just the opposite on my last XB. It had passenger pegs from an 08 Ninja! 

They feel real funny until you get used to them, almost feel like dirt bikes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Soo, gsxr swap is happening on the SV, it should be done by the end of next week. I'll do a decent writeup depending on what all will be involved, but it should be all plug and play. 

The xb has been properly flogged and abused this past week. All the chicken strips have been vehemently removed and the bike was given a warm welcome to some 600 miles of the roads of southern Ohio. I forgot how brilliantly wonky the XB is. Dear god am I glad to have one again. This one is a keeper methinks.

Here are a few visuals for those of you that enjoy picture books (myself included)

The SV

20151101_205608_zpsnw3axdot.jpg

The Xb

20151027_165648_zpsrkylq6hl.jpg

The Xb and the Lady's 250 on KY7

20151103_134652_zpsxh9jqeu0.jpg

Just because I like this picture

20151101_205625_zpstmynchb9.jpg

Sorry for the croddy quality pictures, my next investment will be a decent camera methinks. 

• 1 month later...

^ I see room for a track bike or 2...j/k

oh and 6 tires have been given new homes...2 more need mounted on rims and one will be sold with 2 sets of rims for more room.

Edited by snot

• 4 weeks later...

OP, what year forks did you use? They look kind of like the 06+ 600/750 that I have.. did you have to bore out the steering stem hole on the top triple? Trying to figure out where to take it or whether it's something I can attempt

Edited by AndonD454

On 1/28/2016 at 3:46 PM, AndonD454 said:

OP, what year forks did you use? They look kind of like the 06+ 600/750 that I have.. did you have to bore out the steering stem hole on the top triple? Trying to figure out where to take it or whether it's something I can attempt

I used 08 600 forks and 07 600 triples. Super easy, all bolted straight on. 06/7/8 are all the same I THINK. The only series you would have to bore is the 04ish era. I do believe.Only thing I had to do that was not plug and play was the speedometer, and the ignition. 

This thread has all the information you need for the swap.

On 1/30/2016 at 3:20 PM, Heagachongoose said:

I used 08 600 forks and 07 600 triples. Super easy, all bolted straight on. 06/7/8 are all the same I THINK. The only series you would have to bore is the 04ish era. I do believe.Only thing I had to do that was not plug and play was the speedometer, and the ignition. 

This thread has all the information you need for the swap.

Okay thanks.. yeah, I wanted to retain the steering lock so I have the 04-05 500/650 top triple, and will need to bore the stem hole. When I ordered it, it was based on this comment from that same thread:

06+ 600/750 top clamps obviously 'fit' their own forks/bottom triple, however the ignition is offset to the left; it requires some machining of the ignitionmodule to avoid interference with the frame on the left side and the steering lock will not function without drilling frame. This makes it less ideal choice. 

• 4 weeks later...