Paris...

Bad324

As usual Obama musters more sincere anger for his political foes than he ever does for mass murderers. Just compare the directness here to the wishy washy script Friday night: "its an attack on our shared humanity blah blah." Reference also the most rent school shooting.

We're posing questions which have no perfect answer.

I've been taking the "let Syria deal with its own problems" stance, and react when it directly and imminently threatens the US.   But the refugees are just fleeing a bad situation the same way many of us would. 

There is a real humanitarian crisis in Syria.  Something like 10 million people have fled their homes due to the civil war.  

Despite Obama's statement, it's pretty much impossible to vet them with certainty due to a lack of information available in Syria.  ISIS members have already posed as refugees to gain entrance into France.

Many of them genuinely need help, but because of ISIS, 26 US governors have already said "not in my back yard."  I personally think relocation is going to cause a number of different problems.   

European Union has executed the Lisbon Treaty at the request of France. All are to support and come to the aid of a member that is attacked.

“If a member state is the victim of armed aggression on its territory, the other member states shall have towards it an obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power.”

Honestly, I don't expect much, but it remains to be seen.

edit: Just occured to me, that if this gets out of control, we'll be accepting refugees from France...

Edited by ReconRat

intelligence sources admit (speculate) there are probably more attacks coming http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/politics/isis-us-threat-paris-attacks/index.html

Without putting a timeframe on that statement, it's not exactly a bold call to say "terrorism isn't over."  <eyeroll>

...I wonder if the price of ammo will go up.  I bought a few boxes of 9mm  and a brick of 22lr two weeks ago when it went on sale locally.  Wish I'd bought more now.

By many reports the refugee population contains many males age 18-45.  Why don't they stay in Syria and fight in this civil war?  It seems like fighting for your homeland and quite literally your home would be a good motivator.

If these Muslims are truly opposed to ISIS and some of the other fighting factions, then pick a side and fight for it.   

By many reports the refugee population contains many males age 18-45.  Why don't they stay in Syria and fight in this civil war? 

Because fleeing to another country is easier and safer.  If everyone stopped accepting refugees, this would be the only choice - but that's not compassionate.

Because fleeing to another country is easier and safer.  If everyone stopped accepting refugees, this would be the only choice - but that's not compassionate.

Who took in US citizens during our civil war?

If these people aren't willing to fight for their own country, then why would we want them in ours?

• Upvote 1

If we gave them some air support and some guns they would fight. Right now they got jack shit and jack shit doesn't do well against an armed enemy.  But then after they kicked ISIS's ass they would use those guns on us, as ISIS is doing now.

If we gave them some air support and some guns they would fight. Right now they got jack shit and jack shit doesn't do well against an armed enemy.  But then after they kicked ISIS's ass they would use those guns on us, as ISIS is doing now.

I would rather feed them in Syria than feed them here.

I agree that I wouldn't arm them.  Sides change frequently over there and sooner or later those guns would be pointed at us.  That's yet another reason why they shouldn't be here.  They have ZERO loyalty to the USA.

http://www.theonion.com/article/desperate-obama-just-wants-know-who-give-weapons-o-51853

There is a real humanitarian crisis in Syria. Something like 10 million people have fled their homes due to the civil war.

Despite Obama's statement, it's pretty much impossible to vet them with certainty due to a lack of information available in Syria. ISIS members have already posed as refugees to gain entrance into France.

Many of them genuinely need help, but because of ISIS, 26 US governors have already said "not in my back yard." I personally think relocation is going to cause a number of different problems.

Of the 745,000 refugees admitted into the US since 9-11 only 2 were found to be connected to terrorism. They were aiding an quaida in Iraq. None of the Paris attackers were refugees. They were all French citizens.

None of the Paris attackers were refugees.

Weather they're refugees or posing as refugees is academic.  The point is it's an easy way to gain entry into a country with little if any way to validate the information provided.  You don't think ISIS is aware of this?!?  27 governors agree.   

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34839187

• Upvote 1

Explain to me exactly how and why a citizen would pose as a refugee.

Certainly.  Thousands of European ISIS sympathizers have gone to Syria to join ISIS.  Some have returned to their home countries, or other countries to plot acts of terrorism.  It is easier for them to operate under the false identity of a refugee.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29372494

Is there someone specific to your question?

Edited by Tpoppa

I will just leave this here, it is well worth the watch and he really makes sense of it all. He walked the walked, and no he was not converted to a Christian, he is now an atheist. ;) Pay special attention starting at 1:10, as this is what our President and many others are in total denial about, well actually most of his entire video many are very much in denial about. This guy is a pretty special person and great human being, and he is for sure trying to change the world for the better.

• Upvote 2

I will just leave this here, it is well worth the watch and he really makes sense of it all. He walked the walked, and no he was not converted to a Christian, he is now an atheist. ;) Pay special attention starting at 1:10, as this is what our President and many others are in total denial about, well actually most of his entire video many are very much in denial about. This guy is a pretty special person and great human being, and he is for sure trying to change the world for the better.

I watched the first half.  Interesting point about no separation of church/state in Islam...political and religious goals are identical.

He makes Islamists sound like a violent cult that never made it out of the middle ages.

• Upvote 3