Ducati Monster 821 vs a Yamaha FJ 09?

drc32-0

I'm just looking around right now,but these are two of my front runners as a lighter weight corner carver to augment the FJR and KLR.I usually look at bikes that fit all my riding needs-long distance,all weather conditions-but this purchase is going to be just for twisty roads close to home(usually) in good weather.

Thoughts?

What kind of corner carving did you have in mind? If I had your criteria I would pick a pure sportbike. Any 600, 675, 750, 959, 1000, 1299 (leaning towards 1000 or 750) would fit the bill. That's just me though. I'd pick the monster if I had to choose between your proposed two. Good luck in deciding.

What kind of corner carving did you have in mind? If I had your criteria I would pick a pure sportbike. Any 600, 675, 750, 959, 1000, 1299 (leaning towards 1000 or 750) would fit the bill. That's just me though. I'd pick the monster if I had to choose between your proposed two. Good luck in deciding.

Correct - the 821 is best of the two. Also good is the GSX-R750 if you're not going too far. Wouldn't bend you into a pretzel if your just doing local and could probably pick up a new/noncurrent for under your two contenders.

Edited by DAC

Since your just looking, I thought I'd throw this out as food for thought.

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?180514-2013-Ducati-Hypermotard-trades

Nicely farkled and it looks like you might be able to barter you way into it. He will help with delivery too!

All good input above.  The Duc would likely be the better choice for you're stated use.  As long as IP is around, getting competent service would be a non-issue.