Track Days at Mid-Ohio QUESTIONS

R1Limited

where do you go to school?

i, like yourself, cant do trackdays until after that same date (i have a feeling we both go to OSU...) but id be willing to tag along with anyone, i dont really have a car or anything like that to take my bike to a track.

i plan on going with sportbike tracktime sometime after june maybe july. how many bikes can a "rent-a-trailer" hold?

I have NO clue how many it can hold. Kevin and whitey are the ones who suggested it to me. I'll have to ask. Yes I go to OSU. I was out with a group of riders this past sunday and I sooooo could NOT keep up. I cannot wait to actually learn how to corner appropriately without fearing crashing.

So Yota & Sinner man.....how many bikes can a "rented" trailer hold?

Hey Garrett....tell Kristin I would LUV for her to go with. I don't have her # though. I probably should return my PM. lol.

Just to help out with the gear thing. I think it's $75 to rent leathers at the track. I was able to buy a decent 1 pc. teknic leather suit for $300 here

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/

Granted you still want boots, a helmet and gloves and a back protector but it's a start. It seems pretty obvious to me, a fall on the street is probably gonna be worse than a fall on the track so I just wear my gear all the time. At the very least I'm in my jacket, gloves, an over the ankle boot and helmet. My health is valuable to me.

As far as freeballin or whatever everyone else does. I wear a coolmax undersuit when I'm in my full leathers. It not only keeps you dry but it also makes the leather suit go on and off easier.

I am signed up for my first track day on July 28th at Mid-Ohio in novice. Euro bikes only though, sorry guys (well most you guys, not Kevin though). I'm looking forward to learning the proper technique for riding fast.

Another good site for gear is www.sportbiketrackgear.com

or you could even go to Iron Pony and check out their stuff. They have some good teknics closeouts still on jackets.

I was looking into leathers as well but wanted to go two peice so i could wear the jacket on the street. I was looking at the Alpinestars MX-1 jacket and havent decided on pants. Found some nice leather pants at Iron Pony that were labeled for women that fit ok.

I was looking into leathers as well but wanted to go two peice so i could wear the jacket on the street. I was looking at the Alpinestars MX-1 jacket and havent decided on pants. Found some nice leather pants at Iron Pony that were labeled for women that fit ok.

Fag! haha just messing, I actually had to buy womens under armour pants the other day at dicks cuz they were sold out of mens. My ass looks better in them:cool:

I have an MX-1 jacket (blue) and it's great. I have a pair of their track pants on order as well, but they are on backorder in my size. Once I get those and my boots and gloves in I'll be out for a track day.

heres my 1pc for sale

BRAND NEW AVG leather 1pc suit

size 46 yel/blk

msrp is 400

reserve is 300, buy it now for 325

selling it b/c it doesnt fit me. i ordered wrong size and im not paying the restocking and shipping charges to send it back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180241096263

You might want to change your heading on that ebay page.

To: BRAND NEW!!!!!!! My loss, Your gain

You might want to change your heading on that ebay page.

To: BRAND NEW!!!!!!! My loss, Your gain

holy crap, didnt see that, i had it right in the body, lol... thanks a lot, appreciate it!!!

• 7 months later...

I'm going to resurrect this thread in the hope that ol' Lizard will answer a few questions regarding MidOhio since that's the track I'll most likely be doing trackdays with this year.

1) Do I have to be a member of STT to get MidOhio trackdays? According to the MidOhio website, they sell spots direct.

2) If the above is true, what extra benefits would I get from becoming an STT member, if I can get on MidOhio without membership?

I just want to know what the extra $35/yr gets me from an STT standpoint if I'm only going to get out to MidO once or twice this upcoming year? I've also considered BeavRun because it's relatively close for me too, which seems like it would necessitate a STT membership (I didn't see where BeavRun just sells spots).

If someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to resurrect this thread in the hope that ol' Lizard will answer a few questions regarding MidOhio since that's the track I'll most likely be doing trackdays with this year.

1) Do I have to be a member of STT to get MidOhio trackdays? According to the MidOhio website, they sell spots direct.

Short answer is "no", you do not. Longer answer is that IF you want to ride other STT tracks (Bluegrass will be AMAZING!!), then you need a membership...

2) If the above is true, what extra benefits would I get from becoming an STT member, if I can get on MidOhio without membership?

I just want to know what the extra $35/yr gets me from an STT standpoint if I'm only going to get out to MidO once or twice this upcoming year? I've also considered BeavRun because it's relatively close for me too, which seems like it would necessitate a STT membership (I didn't see where BeavRun just sells spots).

Beaver is going to be about 3 hours or so for you (Columbus, right?) - I'd plan a trip to Beaver Run... BUT, you need a membership. If you are only planning to do two events, there's no real need if it is all going to be at Mid-O which is a REALLY great track for learning and becoming a great rider. A lot of challenges and a lot of technical aspects that will make other tracks easier to learn...

If someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

Hope that helps a tad. Overall, Mid-Ohio is close and offers a great platform by which to learn. Trust me when I say (and this isn't insulting as I myself have yet to do it) that you will probably never "master" Mid-Ohio. There's so much to learn and a lot of the track is helpful in getting to the next level of riding whether that is from Novice to Intermediate, Intermediate to Advanced or even Advanced to race level... It has something for everyone...

I'm near Cleveland (BeaveRun is only 2 hours away for me), but my folks live < 5 miles from Mid Ohio, so I'd have a place to crash after the day was over.

I'm just getting into "trackdays" this year (taking a break from the drag racing), so I may only get out to MidOhio - so I wanted clarification what STT would get me - I figured since you were repping STT you'd be able to give me the skinny on if it was worth it if I only ran Mid Oh once or twice.

Do I still get instruction/critique from instructors if I do the Mid O thing but am not a member of STT? You guys cross-contracting for Mid Oh events? - that's the vibe I get from reading Mid Oh's site...

I'm near Cleveland (BeaveRun is only 2 hours away for me), but my folks live < 5 miles from Mid Ohio, so I'd have a place to crash after the day was over.

I'm just getting into "trackdays" this year (taking a break from the drag racing), so I may only get out to MidOhio - so I wanted clarification what STT would get me - I figured since you were repping STT you'd be able to give me the skinny on if it was worth it if I only ran Mid Oh once or twice.

Do I still get instruction/critique from instructors if I do the Mid O thing but am not a member of STT? You guys cross-contracting for Mid Oh events? - that's the vibe I get from reading Mid Oh's site...

The events are run by STT and organized by STT. Being that Mid-Ohio wants to control the cash flow of sorts (A way to look at it...), we as STT instructors treat it 100% as if it were any other STT event.

Thus, no membership needed, but you get 100% of the same track day experience that you'd get anywhere else.

I'm bias, but our Mid-Ohio staff is one of the best staff groups in the family of STT events... You want help? Just ask.