2016 22LR prices

redkow97

(dated for when this thread is years old, and hopefully irrelevant)

I get a lot of site and gun store emails for their specials, and they're trying to act like $50 for a brick off 500 rounds is a good deal.  WTF???  I was paying $22/brick less than a year ago.  You're telling me that 22LR has doubled in price?  The BEST bulk deals i am finding are in the $.11/round range, and some are as much as $.20/round - that's 9mm territory!

FF & F had 300 packs for $25 last week.  That's the best I've in stores for awhile.

Federal 500 packs USED to be $14.99 everywhere.  I don't think we're going to see those prices again.  The ammo manufacturers, retailers, and internet price gougers seem to like the higher prices.  

I just got quite a shock when i picked up 'cheap' 22LR and it cost me $54 when i was expecting $25...

My previous policy was always to buy a brick when i stopped by the gun shop.  $25?  No big deal.  Build the supply, and just shoot the oldest rounds first (or relegate the old ones to the bolt-action gun now...)

I used to blow through a 500 pack in my S&W 22S every time I went to the range.  I haven't been able to do that for quite awhile.

well that is why i am looking at the 22 handguns now...  I am spending $25 on 100 rounds of 9mm for 30-45 minutes of range time.

Man, I haven't bought 22LR since the late 80's for my old 10/22.   Back then it was a mere $8.99/500rd brick at Kmart :eek:

I'm going to try hitting up the local walmarts and Dick's.  They tend to have better prices with worse selection - but for 22 ammo, who is picky?

I was holding at 8 cents per round max. Sadly, that appears to be gone. I see only two mail order choices under 8 cents per. Glad I bought what I did. Still desperately picking up Winchester HV Super-X, but seldom see it. And decent 22LR hollow point of any kind is hard to find.

The Aguila Super Extra and the Federal Gold Medal Match are the two under 8 cents per. Plus shipping...

edit: I looked again... There are 22LR in the 4.4 to 8 cent range, but they tend to sell out first. Always out of stock. Stuff like Blazer, CCI, American Eagle, Federal, and Winchester. All have a low cost round if it can be found.

Edited by ReconRat

I am selling CCI 22LR Stingers (Fastest 22's around @ 1640 fps) on GunBroker. 1000 for 260.00 free ship  at gun shows, you can find boxes of 50 for $11.50 - $14.00

Great ammo and hard to find.

There is no way on earth I would pay more for a .22 rimfire round than for 9mm.  I can buy 9mm for 11.99/50.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

a couple years back I was buying the blazer bricks of 500 for under $15, go to the range with the misses, blow through quite a bit.  But as others have said its been a long time since I've picked any up. Its hard to come by and when you do find it it, its quite expensive. I'll just shoot the 9mm instead.  I've tried the walmart thing, someone has to be in the know.... none of them never have anything but 22 shotshell

Edited by mike884