N2 Road Atlanta 3/26 3/27

Jester_

I know of atleast three of us headed south to hit up RA at the end of March to start the year with N2. Im not sure how everyone is getting there but I can fit 4 bikes in the trailer, if anyone is interested im sure we can ride share. 

I went there for the first time last year and it quickly became my favorite track. Turn one is a blast and then of course there is the famous back straight, mix in all the elevation changes and its a blast to ride on.

If you have never ridden with N2 before you will need to start in I or N and then get bumped from there unless you have a current race license. 

Honestly im not sure of your pace so I suppose that is at your discretion as to which you would pick.

23 hours ago, Jester_ said:

If you have never ridden with N2 before you will need to start in I or N and then get bumped from there unless you have a current race license. Honestly im not sure of your pace so I suppose that is at your discretion as to which you would pick.

I've only ridden with N2 at Beaver, and run A group with them there. My question was more general and just curious about what most guys do. For me, since at a new track my pace is going to be slower than most A riders, and my lines not yet figured out, I'd be inclined to sign up for I. Just wondering what other's thoughts are...

Unfortunately N2 will not allow you to bump down a group for a few sessions or even the day.  When you bump down a group, will have to go through the whole bump up procedure again to get back to A.  Road Atlanta is an easy track to learn, If you decide to go don't worry one of us will give you a tow.    

I'd prefer to sign up for I for the first few sessions at a new track.   Everyone always preaches that consistency is key for advancing to A group and I agree 100%.  The thing is, when learning a new track, you are not going to be consistent or even on line for the first couple sessions.  

With that being said, N2's structured program doesn't account for the "new track learning curve", so you are "stuck" in A group.  After starting in A group at a couple new tracks, it is not as bad as I expected.....just hope I wasn't pissing people off trying to figure out the track in advanced group.

Road Atlanta is real easy to learn so you would probably be fine in A. Last year I just sat a pit out for a few seconds until everyone else had gone out and made a few laps by myself, however I would have rather dropped down to I for the first session.

• 2 weeks later...

Road Atlanta...where they don't have to stop for a lunch break because everyone has plenty of time to make a sandwich on the back straight.  

Ron, I'm planning on getting another video just like this one on the 750s....

I've got the slightly smaller black one...haven't had any issue with it.  Modified one of the pop-up side trays to fit...it is nice having a little workspace on the toolbox that isn't IN the toolbox.  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go for the larger one.  

On 2/13/2016 at 7:51 PM, Jester_ said:

My POS still looks like this.... long way to go. 

20160127_204416.jpg

At the WERA round with Brandon this year I liked his toolbox enough that I had to go pick one up. 

20160212_184943.jpg

Ill give you $5 for it the way it sits

Edited by RonStopable