I Passed!

walther_gsp

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!

I just got my confirmation telling me that I passed the CISSP examination. I don't know what was more stressful, the time leading up to the test or the 10 day wait to get my results. Excuse me while I go kill my liver a bit to celebrate.

Congrats... Im studying for mine right now.

Are you taking it before June 1st? Thats the cutoff date for the exam content/format change.

Be sure to bring your own #2 pencils and erasers. The ones ISC2 provide suck.

It's a tough one, good luck with it. www.cccure.org for test prep questions if you didn't already know.

Are you taking it before June 1st? Thats the cutoff date for the exam content/format change.

Be sure to bring your own #2 pencils and erasers. The ones ISC2 provide suck.

It's a tough one, good luck with it. www.cccure.org for test prep questions if you didn't already know.

Shit.. I didnt know about the format change... Guess I will be taking it later.. I dont think I can cram enough in 1 month.. What is going to be the new format?

Shit.. I didnt know about the format change... Guess I will be taking it later.. I dont think I can cram enough in 1 month.. What is going to be the new format?

I'm not up on all the details, but from what I understand they are dropping all the TCSEC/ITSEC stuff and replacing it with Common Criteria stuff completely, amongst other changes. I think the ISC2 website has more details. You might as well get it over with now. A month is about right for studying I think. Any more and you'll burn yourself out, any less and you won't be prepared. I started studying abougt 6 weeks prior, but ended up being lax due to the weather getting nice. There is a test on May 31 in Dayton. Go get yourself the Shon Harris book, and maybe the dummies book or sybex one as a secondary source. Given your job, you probably know most of the material already, so with a month to study you should be able to pull it off. You have your CISA already right?

I'm not up on all the details, but from what I understand they are dropping all the TCSEC/ITSEC stuff and replacing it with Common Criteria stuff completely, amongst other changes. I think the ISC2 website has more details. You might as well get it over with now. A month is about right for studying I think. Any more and you'll burn yourself out, any less and you won't be prepared. I started studying abougt 6 weeks prior, but ended up being lax due to the weather getting nice. There is a test on May 31 in Dayton. Go get yourself the Shon Harris book, and maybe the dummies book or sybex one as a secondary source. Given your job, you probably know most of the material already, so with a month to study you should be able to pull it off. You have your CISA already right?

Yeah I have my CISA... I already have a few CISSP books as well as a test prep CD.. I just need to start studying... Guess I need to get my butt in gear.. :(

Yeah I have my CISA... I already have a few CISSP books as well as a test prep CD.. I just need to start studying... Guess I need to get my butt in gear.. :(

Yeah, sign up for the test tomorrow. If you have your CISA, you should definately be fine with a month to study. There is a lot of overlap in material between the 2. I was told to go ahead and take the CISA in June because of that, but quite frankly, I don't have it in me to do any more studying right now. I'm perfectly content to wait till Dec for that.