Mega M.A.X. Chassis maximization

Soren

Hey guys I just wanted to know if anyone who is decently fast has had any experience with getting their bikes chassis "maximized" by MPH, GMDcomputrack, racetech or any of the other tuners that employ this tool? My bike has been down a billion times. I have heard great things about it but all from people who are considerably slower then I. 

I had Doug from MPH twist my knobs before on my old CBR. Didn't put it on that Chassis thing though. Bike definitely felt 100% better after he adjusted my suspension, but I also got my first set of Q2's on her at the same time so it was pretty much a completely different animal.

Waste of time.  You're better off taking everything apart and inspecting and greasing and reassembling.  Typically, the head steering stem gets twisted and guys like Reuben at 35 Motorsports can get them back into straight cheap.

I think should you have a really bad crash, you are going to replace the components that got damaged anyways...  If the frame is tweaked, you're shit out of luck anyways.  I don't personally know anyone that does the GMD type thing anymore...  Newer racers do, but they tend to fade away and stop later on.

Take the forks off, have them checked and revalved, refreshed and do the same with the shock.  Soend that GMD money on good internals and proper spring rates and you'll be better off.

3 hours ago, Moto-Brian said:

Waste of time.  You're better off taking everything apart and inspecting and greasing and reassembling.  Typically, the head steering stem gets twisted and guys like Reuben at 35 Motorsports can get them back into straight cheap.

I think should you have a really bad crash, you are going to replace the components that got damaged anyways...  If the frame is tweaked, you're shit out of luck anyways.  I don't personally know anyone that does the GMD type thing anymore...  Newer racers do, but they tend to fade away and stop later on.

Take the forks off, have them checked and revalved, refreshed and do the same with the shock.  Soend that GMD money on good internals and proper spring rates and you'll be better off.

Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to know! I posted this same question wera board and all i got was "iv always wondered the same thing." My bike is already valved and refreshed so I will be saving that money and do an additional wera week end this year. 

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Why's that?

Everyone I have talked to that has gone there (including myself) says what shitty work they do. His dyno tune was so jacked up that when I went to get it done somewhere else they said it would be easier to just start from the stock tune (and this wasn't done to charge me more money as it cost the same price either way). Plus Doug is a giant ass.

18 hours ago, blue03636 said:

Everyone I have talked to that has gone there (including myself) says what shitty work they do. His dyno tune was so jacked up that when I went to get it done somewhere else they said it would be easier to just start from the stock tune (and this wasn't done to charge me more money as it cost the same price either way). Plus Doug is a giant ass.

Yea he is an ass lol. I contacted them about giving them more of my business about a year ago and never heard back. I wont be going back there again.

23 hours ago, blue03636 said:

I'm shocked people still go to MPH.

I'm not saying peoples negative experiences with mph are not valid because they are. All I know is doug has done alot of work on my bike and done it right (thus far). Hes expensive yes. But you get what you pay for. I have been to 3 different well known suspension tuners and he was the only one who gave me a bike that felt ridable. I took my bike to one tuner that everyone goes to and it felt awful, took it doug, went back to the same track a week later it felt amazing. I dropped down to a 9 flat around nelson last year from a mid 11 the year before. Nelson has to be the shittiest race surface in america and my bike felt as planted as it if were smooth as glass. Hes done everything from engine work, dyno tuning, and suspension. All of which he did super fast and correct so i could get to the next race week end. I'v got nothing but positive experiences with the guy, if that changes ill be sure to let you guys know. I'm not going to name any names but I got my fork back from a highly recommended tuner with a fing leaking fork seal!? I called him out on it and he said "it wasnt leaking when I shipped it." Ok it just started spewing oil on its way to my house in the ups truck. 

25 minutes ago, Soren said:

I'm not saying peoples negative experiences with mph are not valid because they are. All I know is doug has done alot of work on my bike and done it right (thus far). Hes expensive yes. But you get what you pay for. I have been to 3 different well known suspension tuners and he was the only one who gave me a bike that felt ridable. I took my bike to one tuner that everyone goes to and it felt awful, took it doug, went back to the same track a week later it felt amazing. I dropped down to a 9 flat around nelson last year from a mid 11 the year before. Nelson has to be the shittiest race surface in america and my bike felt as planted as it if were smooth as glass. Hes done everything from engine work, dyno tuning, and suspension. All of which he did super fast and correct so i could get to the next race week end. I'v got nothing but positive experiences with the guy, if that changes ill be sure to let you guys know. I'm not going to name any names but I got my fork back from a highly recommended tuner with a fing leaking fork seal!? I called him out on it and he said "it wasnt leaking when I shipped it." Ok it just started spewing oil on its way to my house in the ups truck. 

To be fair, you're a dick too. :D