/////Nascar

M_Quick

Bristol Motor Speedway April 2016 

I know it's not bike related but wanted to share my weekend at Bristol experience. My Uncle and I have been going to Bristol Motor Speedway for the last 10 years or so, both spring and fall races. This year we had Hot passes for the pits on pole day. We both took in a few cars and a rather large 3x6' checkered flag, with hope of autographs. Well the 1st driver I asked for a signature on my flag, I was shrugged off. So I figured this was going to be a bust. Boy was I wrong, for nobody else said no the rest of the day. I received 19 signatures one my flag, and was able to get all 3 die-cast signed as well. Here is a picture of my flag, also I will being taking it to Arkansas next week for Mark Martin's signature. I'm also sharing a slide show video of over 1400 pictures I took over the 3 day event. I know it's a long video, but each picture is only on screen for 1 second. If you don't have 24 mins to waste, at least check out the 1st few mins, to see how close I got to all the drivers and action on pit road. 

IMG]

Edited by M_Quick
  • Upvote 2

If you do it right, the image appears in the editor. No need for a preview. 

Well thx captain obvious. I tried it the same way I used to add photo's here. And the same way I do on all other forums. I guess the new modern methods of mistake free are not for me. I always rush when typing and make mistakes. But often catch them when I proof read in the preview mode.

2 minutes ago, M_Quick said:

Well thx captain obvious. I tried it the same way I used to add photo's here. And the same way I do on all other forums. I guess the new modern methods of mistake free are not for me. I always rush when typing and make mistakes. But often catch them when I proof read in the preview mode.

So think of the editor as a live preview. For images it's much easier to just paste the url to the image. It'll automatically embed. It's easier here than other sites that require the img bbcode crap. 

I miss going to Bristol. Kawi Kid and I used to head down. It was quite the exercise on my liver. It used to be shoulder to shoulder trying to get in that place too. It seems though since they widened the track, there isn't as much interest. Those stands looked empty for the Sunday race.

13 minutes ago, Cdubyah said:

I miss going to Bristol. Kawi Kid and I used to head down. It was quite the exercise on my liver. It used to be shoulder to shoulder trying to get in that place too. It seems though since they widened the track, there isn't as much interest. Those stands looked empty for the Sunday race.

KK quit motorcycles and NASCAR!?

7 hours ago, Cdubyah said:

7 hours ago, Cdubyah said:

Couldn't agree more.  The last time I was there was the August race of Rusty's last year. Packed to the rafters, the next year they ground the track to make the "progressive" corners. Truly fucked one of the the greatest tracks on the circuit. I haven't watched a race in over 3 years. NASCAR lost their way with the whole CoT initiative IMO. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Casper said:

So think of the editor as a live preview. For images it's much easier to just paste the url to the image. It'll automatically embed. It's easier here than other sites that require the img bbcode crap. 

Not sure what you mean by other sites requiring img bbcode. I always just paste images in all the forums I'm on, including YouTube links. Why is there a drag files here to attach and insert media option if we just copy and paste? Now for my Photobucket links I delete part of the url that will let users click on photo, and then it links you to my bucket! Idk if that's the issue here or not, but will try and paste photo again below, as well as try to proof read, lol. 

Yeah no image appears in editor with full or part of url, so idk... If I cant view it before saving message I figure its not there?

Edited by M_Quick

23 hours ago, Casper said:

Okay, okay I got it now! Instead of the image url from Photobucket, it wants the direct http link. Here is picture of the flag. 

DSC_0001_zpskla4r5xd.jpg

• Upvote 1