Reducing Mirror vibes

BiggAudi

Just curious if anyone has insight into what kind of gear might help reduce vibrations, specifically in my bar end mirrors. I've got the CRG ones and love them, but everything is small in the distance because of the convex format and when they vibrate at higher speeds I really can't tell if there's a cop car behind me or not ;)

And if there is no solution because the bike just vibrates, then I'll just suck it up. Thanks!

7dbc859af2c7c0f80fac1a1eb65d69b8.jpg

My mirrors are connected to threaded bar ends. I had to fabricate a copper spacer to allow for some gap where the mirrors could attach. It feels rock solid and all, but that probably just allows for more shock to travel through the bar ends.

• Upvote 1

Some mirrors vibrate, some don't. I replaced mine and... they vibrated. I put rubber washers and o-rings everywhere I could, and it worked. No vibration, and they actually stayed put. They look like they want to move around kinda squishy, but no problems at all.

edit: Might also try two thin strips of cork or rubber under each mirror clamp. Even a rubber band might work there.

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1