Superbike Schools?

Casper

45 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

Just say no to Keith Code and his Xenu worshiping friends 

California Superbike School is by far the highest rated, and most recommended school I have found so far. Why say no?

2 hours ago, Casper said:

California Superbike School is by far the highest rated, and most recommended school I have found so far. Why say no?

Because there are reports of the church of Scientology writing reviews praising the school as well as twist of the wrist.

also don't send your money to a tax haven for the rich and famous. 

Dumb question:  If I go there and I learn what I paid for then why do I care what his worship preferences (within reason) are?  This coming from a guy who is in a mid-life anti religion phase.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

Dumb question:  If I go there and I learn what I paid for then why do I care what his worship preferences (within reason) are?  This coming from a guy who is in a mid-life anti religion phase.  

Because his choice of worship is not within reason, it's a tax haven for the rich

9 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

What religion isn't?!?

Most religions don't function as a, you put money in, you get something out scheme.

typical religions when you give money you don't get anything out other than a tax deduction. 

19 minutes ago, what said:

I'm interested in your findings Ben, whenever you end up getting to that point. 

also, praise Xenu

A lot of people love the California Superbike School. I'll most likely end up doing it. It's something I've thought about for a long time. 

The schools that manage to stay operational do so because they are doing something right.

I would be less concerned about whose name is on the school, and more concerned with who the individual instructors are.  Nick Einch (sp?), Jason Pridmore, and a bunch of other people whose names escape me have good reputations as excellent INSTRUCTORS, as well as being great riders.

If you want to go to a specific school because they rent __________ bike, or run at ___________ track, then go for it, but you might get just as much out of more local instruction through a traditional trackday org that offers private coaching.  Pridmore may be able to turn lap record pace at any given track you visit, but a guy who is 2 seconds a lap slower is still plenty quick enough to help you improve a LOT. 

You planning to run your 675, or rent a liter bike?  Calabogie is a HUGE track in Canada, and I know they rent Kawasakis for their riding schools.  It only takes a few hours to get used to them saying "zed ex ten."

24 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

The schools that manage to stay operational do so because they are doing something right.

I would be less concerned about whose name is on the school, and more concerned with who the individual instructors are.  Nick Einch (sp?), Jason Pridmore, and a bunch of other people whose names escape me have good reputations as excellent INSTRUCTORS, as well as being great riders.

If you want to go to a specific school because they rent __________ bike, or run at ___________ track, then go for it, but you might get just as much out of more local instruction through a traditional trackday org that offers private coaching.  Pridmore may be able to turn lap record pace at any given track you visit, but a guy who is 2 seconds a lap slower is still plenty quick enough to help you improve a LOT. 

You planning to run your 675, or rent a liter bike?  Calabogie is a HUGE track in Canada, and I know they rent Kawasakis for their riding schools.  It only takes a few hours to get used to them saying "zed ex ten."

I'd rather use their bike. This way I can fly in, do the class, and fly home. I don't care what bike, nor what track. Just looking for a great school. Calabogie looks more like a regular track day deal than a full blown school. Looks like they go through Pro 6 Cycle for all motorcycle stuff. Right now I'm leaning towards either California Superbike School or Champions Riding School. 

I'm very used to the zed thing. Lots of Canadian and European coworkers/clients. :) 

Good on ya Ben for pursuing more riding skills, even if the instructor is an atheist agnosatanic catholichristian :pope:

If you think about it, paying him for superbike school is sort of like enabling his other cult....hmmmm, food for thought

Well, I'm off to cancel all of my mail because my postman never goes to church and steals from the penny trays at local gas stations

I started looking into the Yamaha Superbike school or Yamaha riders school or whatever the F their name is because they run at a pretty decent local semi private local track out here. Then I saw the price tag of over 2 grand and decided to stick to the track days and what not. 

There's a track over in Demming NM near me that isn't super nice but is pretty cheap to ride. Occasionally they do riding schools there with some pretty high level riders and it's under $300. I haven't been able to take advantage of it yet with getting time off of work but would love to get out there one day. 

Basically I don't think that at my level of riding I will gain enough at the high dollar big name schools over the small track days with instruction to justify the cost. Even if I did gain enough knowledge to justify the cost I'm not a racer so it's hard for me to justify the investment of the big name schools over the small stuff. I'd rather invest in a few days of instruction at a lower level (closer to where I'm at) than in one or two days of a high level school.

But if you come out this way for one of the schools your liking at your welcome to crash at our place. 

Ben are you focusing on the options locally in Ohio or all over. California Superbike I've heard of, the others not so much.

You mentioned flying in and using their bike. Wonder what the TSA would think of a set of leathers/helmet in your luggage . :)

Sounds like a blast no matter the choice.

31 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

If you are going to fly and decide on California superbike school, I would recommend willow springs, the track was designed for his class. I will be doing my next 2 there, the first 2 were at VIR which is an absolute blast.

I was thinking VIR for the first two levels and Laguna for the second two.