OMRL @ G&J Kartway 7/16-7/17

Helmutt

Weather looks to be stellar for racing this weekend.  Wife and I will be there spectating Saturday.  Didn't get to see much of the action at MidO last weekend with all else that was going on.  Pumped to witness how everything flows throughout the day, and to hang with some OR folk.  Who else is in for this?

Thanks, and looking further, you're right.  I'd seen both dates posted on their schedule, so it was misleading until I saw the caption stating practice Saturday and racing Sunday.  Will see if we can make it out Sunday instead

Bummer, it was a great time.  I didn't see ya today, wasn't sure if you made practice or not.  Come on out August 20 (practice) and August 21 (race day) if you're able.  Really a nice track and there was one true supermoto and several other Honda 150Rs in the grid.  I'm uploading a video from the stock XR class now so you guys can see what you missed out on.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks Jacob, we'd like to see the vid.  Got busy today upgrading the laundry room lighting.  Wanted to see how things went on raceday, so we made other plans for Saturday once we heard it was just practice.  We'll make it a point to get to G&J in August or one of the CRP rounds.  You guys definitely had awesome weather for racing

47 minutes ago, bowdog said:

I was really looking forward to this race and couldn't make it happen...Lesson learned don't buy a flip house in the summer!!

We bought our house as a live-in-flip....12 years ago :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bowdog said:

I was really looking forward to this race and couldn't make it happen...Lesson learned don't buy a flip house in the summer!!

I'm working for a buddy and his dad on a flip property.  I hope out with demolition and general clean-out, then come back to help stage and lanscape when it goes to market.  The heat alone is reason enough not to buy in June...

G&J is just a really long weekend for me with the 4+ hour drive.  I wanted to make it, but the wife is almost 8 months pregnant, and neglecting my parenting duties with our toddler for an entire weekend would not bode well for me...  Plus I barely get to see the crumb-grabber during the week.  We spent Sunday at the park, catching pokemon and going down the slide.  I got a little yard work done while she ran through the sprinkler.

Looks like i missed a fun time.  I'll make it when at least one of the kids is old enough to come with me and supervise herself while I ride.