unOfficial OR Pokemon Go Team

Tonik

52 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

well I had my first run in with an asshole driving and playing pokemon go. Going 20mph in a 50mph zone in front of me is not acceptable

When I see that shit I roll down my window and throw my beer at them. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

When I see that shit I roll down my window and throw my beer at them. 

I thought about road rage but knowing the city I was in it was more fun to report it to the proper authorities as an impaired driver operating erratically and possibly on drugs. They likely spent an hour on the side of the road while being searched :D

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 2

I've seen more good come from this game than from any other that has come out in recent years. I've moved my cardio from the gym to pokemon GO, I walked 22 miles in 3 days because of this game. The gf and I are looking into bicycles to start using to get stops and get outside more in general. The fact that you don't need to stare at it the entire time is great too, just turn your volume up or have 1 ear bud in and it makes specific sounds for things in game. People are taking those lures ($1 in the apps store and also given as rewards at certain levels) and placing them on locations in hospitals for the people that can't go outside. Using the game as physical therapy tool for kids.

People are downloading other apps that donate money based on how much you walk and helping random charities. Stories of people meeting in parks and local food places selling food in the park to benefit from the sudden gatherings and people buying food for the homeless that are in the parks are becoming more common. Viral images of "while your out catching pokemon take a bag and clean up litter" and kids setting up water/snack stands to sell to people walking down the streets are constantly on my newsfeed.

Now if only they could get the servers to not catch fire every hours.

• Upvote 1

So I hang a bit at XDA Forums. A place for Android phones and modding them. The big thing over there now is faking your gps location so you can Pokemon without leaving the house.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

So I hang a bit at XDA Forums. A place for Android phones and modding them. The big thing over there now is faking your gps location so you can Pokemon without leaving the house.

oh good you just helped me take one step back from the ledge of trying this out.

Also, holy shit you can't call pokemon players nerds if you're on an android phone forum.

You're a little late. The proof of concept was a game called ingress a few years ago. Still a shit ton of people playing around the globe. Also developed by ninantec iirc. 

Yep, same company. I played a little ingress in as a beta tester. Wasn't anything around me so I stopped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

One of the reasons people spoof GPS locations is due to certain Pokemon only spawn in certain regions. People have been getting temp banned for it from what I've heard but Niantic is seems to be mainly worrying about server issues right now.

I haven't seen much data used at all and to my knowledge it only uses basic information from a Google account now. Main thing is that it destroys battery.

Also completely agree with IP.

2 minutes ago, Idiot said:

Sounds good to me...

but you know, I'm still gonna be riding 25 mph under the posted speed limit, blocking traffic,  and stopping frequently

I support that man. Ride your ride.

• Upvote 1

Hit level 13 today.

Spent my lunch doing laps in the square by my office.  There are about 7 pokestops and 2 gyms.  Not sure how far i walked, but more than I ever have at lunch...  Really wondering how devoted I'll stay when it snows!

I am resisting the urge to power-up any of my Pokemon until I get to a higher level.  Hoarding stardust for when I have something more rare to use it on.

• Upvote 1