Critique this dude's mad skillz!

Wojo72

I watched this a number of times last night trying to figure out wtf went wrong. No idea beyond target fixation on the house/sign post and humpty-dumptying off the ledge. Maybe hitting the small bump on the corner broke his concentration and that was that?

Edited by what

12 minutes ago, what said:

I watched this a number of times last night trying to figure out wtf went wrong. No idea beyond target fixation on the house/sign post and humpty-dumptying off the ledge. Maybe hitting the small bump on the corner broke his concentration and that was that?

It sounded like he was on the throttle the whole time.  I saw some speculation that there is one of those throttle locks on the bike.  I can't tell though.

2 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

It sounded like he was on the throttle the whole time.  I saw some speculation that there is one of those throttle locks on the bike.  I can't tell though.

I'd like to know what the scraping noise is you hear twice after he says "whoa." Tires? Facial hair on mic? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

His side stand wasn't retracted. Not sure what the rest of the stupidity was about. 

Unless intentionally disabled, that bike is way to new to not have the safety in place.

That motor will ventilate the crankcase over the next thousand miles!  Way to long and way to many RPM while on its side.

I had to watch this like five times to try and figure out what the hell went wrong.  He clearly target fixated after he hit that bump and I agree it sounded like the throttle lock stuck and he panicked.

Edited by Wolfman1

• 2 weeks later...

American guy living in New Zealand?

Agree with above.  Sounds like he scraped his side stand turning left and *something* caused his throttle to lock on - whether than be bad grip on the throttle handle making his pull it on at a neutral wrist position, or a throttle lock.