2017 Daytona 200

TimTheAzn

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just a reminder the Daytona 200 is being run this weekend on Saturday. It's the kick off race to the 2017 road race season!

Schedule: http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Events/2017/DAYTONA-200/Schedule.aspx

The 75th Annual 200 starts at 1EST and I believe you can watch for free on fanschoice.tv 

• Upvote 1

The field is deep this year.  I am looking forward to watching.

I refer to the 200 as a "pro-am" these days.  Lots of professional caliber riders, and fast amateurs who lack professional support.

There are 10+ guys who could win, and I'd be really happy for them.  I just hope the equipment isn't the deciding factor.  It would be great to see the top 15 riders finish the race without mechanical issues, and not have noticeable discrepancy in top-speed from the better funded teams.  I guess I do pull for the 'little guys' who put together their program out-of-pocket, and have to draft the bigger budget bikes to keep up.

keep out for a few more,  local talent Ryan Kerr #28 will be riding a sparkle green zx6r

and kmoto racing from Michigan  Jeremy Kolewski green and blue ZX6r

and the boys from Apex manufacturing STT, red white and blue triumph 675r!!!!!!!!

Edited by TwiztedRabbit
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Corey West currently disqualified. Appeal pending. 

I'm hearing that he may have had a different year R6 airbox. Stock, but larger opening. 

It would be a shitty technicality to lose out on 2nd, but I'm also being led to believe that the rules are clear...

Just read what Cory West posted. Sounds like they forgot the stock piece that goes on the R6 filter that reduces the opening. That was 100% sent out to everyone. When I was down helping CJ get ready btw made sure we all saw what was going on with that issue.