Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Nebbors

I have a friend that is a appliance repair man.  His opinion is that Samsung appliances are the most trouble free.

That said, my washer and dryer are Samsung, the washer needed repaired at 5 years old.  Kind of dissappointing, but it was fairly minor and works like new again. 

Fridges icing up, it takes water to make ice. I've found clogged drains from the moisture drip tray can cause it. Have fixed that a couple of times to clear up excess icing and temperature problems. Used either compressed air or vacuum on the drain line. Dunno if it applies to any particular fridge, but it was a cheap fix for me.

On 1/9/2018 at 8:48 PM, 2talltim said:

I have 10 yr old pos whirlpool that cost me  $40 to repair..lol

mine is probably 30.  I've had to repair it 2 times.  they used a plastic coupler on the motor to the trans.  the part is less than $10.  the thing cleans cloths better than these new HE washers.  I will hang onto mine for as long as i can find parts to fix it.  they're actually simple as shit.  a quick youtube search will bring up dozens of repair videos on it.

then you can use sears parts direct to look up the part numbers with their exploded diagram and search ebay for a new part.  the last one I just went down to the local part retailer. (search online for one there's dozens of them in cincinnati).  paid $9 instead of $6.  bid fing deal. I didn't have to wait 3 days for the part and I needed to wash some cloths.

Edited by serpentracer

5 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

mine is probably 30.  I've had to repair it 2 times.  they used a plastic coupler on the motor to the trans.  the part is less than $10.  the thing cleans cloths better than these new HE washers.  I will hang onto mine for as long as i can find parts to fix it.  they're actually simple as shit.  a quick youtube search will bring up dozens of repair videos on it.

then you can use sears parts direct to look up the part numbers with their exploded diagram and search ebay for a new part.  the last one I just went down to the local part retailer. (search online for one there's dozens of them in cincinnati).  paid $9 instead of $6.  bid fing deal. I didn't have to wait 3 days for the part and I needed to wash some cloths.

just realized you were talking about a fridge.  my mind went straight to a washer lol.  

• 1 year later...

Fuckity, fuckity, fuck fuck fuck!!

smaeshed my thumb with the mini sledge trying to get the old u joint out of the front diff yoke of the ol yard dog wolverine.  

All because the yoke nut came loose.  

Found a dehydrated frog in the garage too. 

Tastes like frog jerky. Can’t smoke it.  

A3637A8D-2EB1-4354-9832-E4E36614F20D.jpeg

EAC601A5-0657-4457-8BC7-159A2A97D245.jpeg