GoPed vs. TA

Jackson1647545504

While so fucking unlikely, maybe. First it WAS shifting, so that takes out the lack of torque.

Second, it didn't sound like a weed eater, it sounded like a RC car. RC cars don't run on gas.

They use a mixture of Methanol and Nitromethane.

And as of right now, a 2.45CC (.15 CI) motor will make as much as 2 HP. What does that work out to in HP per CC? 2/2.45= .81HP per CC. That's NA with no spray. So, a 35CC motor, in theory, would make 28.5 HP. Now mind you this IS at 23000 RPM so torque is non existent. But if you have a multispeed tranny, then the torque isn't as big an issue.

Now we go to power to weight, Scooter with rider,

175 lbs propelled by 30 HP is 175/35 = 1HP per 5 lbs

WS6 3400 lb car, 400 HP 3400/400 = 1 HP per 8.5 lbs.

The scooter has the car beat in power to weight ratio. If the car is only doing 350 HP, which is more likely, its by a factor of 2. 1 HP per 10 lbs of car. So the scooter has twice the power to wieght, in theory.

I ain't saying that this wasn't staged, it most likely was. I do know that you would have to be a fucking idiot to get on a scooter that had that much power, and could go that fast. I am only saying that the numbers, they way they work out makes this slightly possible.

But it's no differnt than a 120 HP bike walking all over a 400 or even a 500 HP 3500 lb car.

Originally posted by desperado:

While so fucking unlikely, maybe. First it WAS shifting, so that takes out the lack of torque.

Second, it didn't sound like a weed eater, it sounded like a RC car. RC cars don't run on gas.

And as of right now, a 2.45CC (.15 CI) motor will make as much as 2 HP. What does that work out to in HP per CC? 2/2.45= .81HP per CC. That's NA with no spray. So, a 35CC motor, in theory, would make 28.5 HP. Now mind you this IS at 23000 RPM so torque is non existent. But if you have a multispeed tranny, then the torque isn't as big an issue.

Now we go to power to weight, Scooter with rider,

175 lbs propelled by 30 HP is 175/35 = 1HP per 5 lbs

WS6 3400 lb car, 400 HP 3400/400 = 1 HP per 8.5 lbs.

The scooter has the car beat in power to weight ratio. If the car is only doing 350 HP, which is more likely, its by a factor of 2. 1 HP per 10 lbs of car. So the scooter has twice the power to wieght, in theory.

I ain't saying that this wasn't staged, it most likely was. I do know that you would have to be a fucking idiot to get on a scooter that had that much power, and could go that fast. I am only saying that the numbers, they way they work out makes this slightly possible.

But it's no differnt than a 120 HP bike walking all over a 400 or even a 500 HP 3500 lb car.

But the fact is that it is a fake; the guy that made the video posts on another board I moderate, and clearly stated the video was staged to make the GoPed win.

Originally posted by desperado:

RC cars don't run on gas.

And as of right now, a 2.45CC (.15 CI) motor will make as much as 2 HP. What does that work out to in HP per CC? 2/2.45= .81HP per CC. That's NA with no spray.

FYI- 5yrs ago when i raced, my Nova Rossi CX12 (6port, parisdished head, MatrixMods resleeve and build to .14ci) made 4.2hp@41000rpm on 60%.

That engine stock made 1.2hp on 20%. It was intended for a RS4... 4wd on-road car, but i used it in a custom built RC10GT (no factory parts, complete from aftermarket). It only weighed in at 3.93 lbs (for races only) according to the scale at Full Throtle(dunno if thats still open or not).

Those lil engines can make some retareded amounts of power in the right hands. With the right tuning in the carb, you can get good run time too. I had a OS CV.12 that ran 24min on 2.5oz of fuel. Thats about 8 or 9min longer than 95% of the guys that run.

I fed the Nova Rossi with a 6v fuel pump for a plane... thats right, i turned it to fuel injection. It was fed air thru a .21 ducted fan engine on a 9v system spun by a Reedy FireHawk motor. Thats right again... i turned it forced induction.

Now with this set up it made its 4.2hp... but it also added an even 4 lbs to that 3.93 lb raceweight.

So even at 7.93lbs, it made 4.2hp...

1.8lbs/hp

I figure that if anyone REALY cares, theres prolly a few question marks as to how you dyno a engine that is about the size of your fist.

Heres what i know....

A 18 tooth clutch bell is mounted to the engine. These are usually RRP HD steel(toughest you can buy) equiped with the clutch shoes of your choice (MIP 4N1 for me). Now the engine is mounted to a stand to mesh up with a 62 tooth spur gear... also usally RRP HD steel(also tough). The engine mount is then shimmed with .005" washers untill the mesh is "paper tight".

So wtf is "paper tight"? This is how racers mesh there gears to work with chassis flex. You basicly put a sheet of paper between the spur gear and clutch bell, and then slide your engine back and forth on its mounts to get the proper mesh. The paper between the gears keeps you from grinding them together and melting them (stock ones are thermoplastic). Some cars like the Losi GTX, dont have sliding mounts and are restricted to certian gear sets.

After its mounted i dunno how it works. Some unknown load is placed on them and then theyre spun up but after that i dont know.

I dont know if its relivant, but the fuel i ued was Wild Cat 60%... never really liked Blue Thunder or Odonnel.