The Great Flood of the Ohio river

copperhead

Apparently, the Ohio river flooded this past weekend, I'm still not sure why. As some of you know, I moved here a few years ago from Marietta, where I still have some family. Marietta got hit VERY hard by this, it's the worst flood they've had in forty years.

http://mariettatimes.com/communities/04flood/readers/Pike-Street-008-rev.jpg

That picture is of Pike Street, the main drag through the city. I've NEVER in my life seen that road covered with water. :eek:

According to the local newspaper, the river hit ten feet over flood level.

http://mariettatimes.com/communities/04flood/gallery.asp

That's the rest of the pictures. I wish I could have made it down there, but I was told that over the weekend, all of the bridges into the city were shutdown. All of the backroads flood before anything, so there was no way in. Or out.

Thats definately the worst I've seen there since I'm not over 40 it would have to be :D

I've seen it flood pike street on a number of occasions though. its possible your too young or didn't pay attention, but I've seen peanut driving his jacked up 4x4 up pike street in the water with the Safty patrol Jimmy chasing him.

Originally posted by Tractor:

Thats definately the worst I've seen there since I'm not over 40 it would have to be :D

I've seen it flood pike street on a number of occasions though. its possible your too young or didn't pay attention, but I've seen peanut driving his jacked up 4x4 up pike street in the water with the Safty patrol Jimmy chasing him.

lol. I don't know that I ever saw Peanut's big truck, definately saw his mini s-10 plenty of times