600 HP evo @ 33psi vs. A Pair of 600 hp snake ponies.

Guest DagoRcR

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Someone is lying about their dyno numbers. A 600 whp car doesn't walk away from another 600whp car like that.

The guy with the KB Cobra is still running his stock clutch and he shifts like my grandmother. The Evo is making closer to 650whp. He makes slightly over 600 at 30PSI and he was running 33PSI in the vid. and remember that an Evo is about 300lbs lighter than a Cobra.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Someone is lying about their dyno numbers. A 600 whp car doesn't walk away from another 600whp car like that.

Not every car weighs the same.... 600whp in a 2500lb car is going to leave a 600whp 3000lb car in its dust.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

Not every car weighs the same.... 600whp in a 2500lb car is going to leave a 600whp 3000lb car in its dust.

Yeah, but both of those cars would be lucky to weigh just 3000 pounds. Try around 3400lbs for the EVO and 3700lbs for the Cobra, if it's a coupe.

Originally posted by ScoobySnack:

I hear alot of cobra and mustang owners making excuses for a car that isnt even theirs!

Those weren't excuses. Those were facts. He's just calling it like it is. And I'm fairly sure he's not trying to detract from that EVO, which is a very fast car.

No, the EVO's aerodynamics aren't much better than the Cobra's, but they are better.

Also, I would disagree with AWD not helping from a roll. My guess is that both of those Cobras, and especially the one spraying, were putting down a boatload of torque. (For sake of reference, on a 50-shot, my Cobra put down 670rwtq.) That much torque, at only a 40 roll, is going to light the tires up, even on drag radials.

Not spinning tires > spinning tires, in my opinion.

NOTE: This is not an excuse. I don't care who won or who didn't, or why. Just making a point that, even from a roll, the EVO would have the advantage, given the expected tire spin.

Originally posted by ScoobySnack:

I hear alot of cobra and mustang owners making excuses for a car that isnt even theirs!

I hope your not referring to this thread. I wasn't making excuses for that guy. I was just pointing out some facts for those wondering why the guy got pulled so hard. Everyone thinks the Evo was running 30PSI and he wasn't. The KB Cobra was running the stock clutch which cannot handle 600RWHP and I don't think anyone can argue how slow the guy shifted. There was almost half a second between shifts. I also tell you that even if he did have a new clutch and shifted much faster he still would have lost. The race would have been closer to what the first Cobra did.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

No, the EVO's aerodynamics aren't much better than the Cobra's, but they are better.

Also, I would disagree with AWD not helping from a roll. My guess is that both of those Cobras, and especially the one spraying, were putting down a boatload of torque. (For sake of reference, on a 50-shot, my Cobra put down 670rwtq.) That much torque, at only a 40 roll, is going to light the tires up, even on drag radials.

Not spinning tires > spinning tires, in my opinion.

NOTE: This is not an excuse. I don't care who won or who didn't, or why. Just making a point that, even from a roll, the EVO would have the advantage, given the expected tire spin.

From what I can find so far it looks like they are identical at .36

Originally posted by StreetRacer434:

Damn fast cars, what was the name of the song at the beginning of the video?

all I have to say is graemlins/leghump.gif

i cant reember... its a good song though. They play it on 99.7 all the time.

The begining is "I keep changing, but you will never see me now...."

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by Eatonup:

I hope your not referring to this thread. I wasn't making excuses for that guy. I was just pointing out some facts for those wondering why the guy got pulled so hard. Everyone thinks the Evo was running 30PSI and he wasn't. The KB Cobra was running the stock clutch which cannot handle 600RWHP and I don't think anyone can argue how slow the guy shifted. There was almost half a second between shifts. I also tell you that even if he did have a new clutch and shifted much faster he still would have lost. The race would have been closer to what the first Cobra did.

I was just trying to get something started.

graemlins/popcorn.gif

Looks like it worked. ;)

For the record... I like cobra's FAR more than I like evos. I wasn't paying alot of attention, but it didn't look like either of those cobra's had alot of problem with traction. The camaro in the other race sure as hell didn't have much trouble with traction.

How could a coupe SVT possibily weigh 3700 pounds? My convertable weighs in at 3430 pounds with 3/4 tank of gas and a 100% complete interior.

I really don't think traction is an issue in these vids. I didn't see either mustang get loose.