my front mount intercooler

CRed05

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

Your fellow vr4 friend might tell you...

it takes a lota wind to make those tugs fast.

i beg to differ.

As far as dimensions....about 1 meter X 20cm, me being foreign and using the metric system i cant guesstimate in the old system, sorry. I do know that it has 2" in/outlets

Originally posted by ChrisR 6G72TT:

i beg to differ.

Ha, your talking to some guys that been to the dsm shootout for the last 5 years running and witnessed first hand some of the fastest 3si cars in the country. Not only are they heavy but they are expensive to make really fast. So maybe it should be changed to say it takes a lot of bank to make those tugs fast.

[/qb]

Ha, your talking to some guys that been to the dsm shootout for the last 5 years running and witnessed first hand some of the fastest 3si cars in the country. Not only are they heavy but they are expensive to make really fast. So maybe it should be changed to say it takes a lot of bank to make those tugs fast. [/QB]

fastest in the country at the DSM shootout? I dont think so. I went to this years, and the one that looked the most impressive didnt even run. People run high 12's on stock turbos. Just incase you dont know how big stock turbos are, make 2 fists and hold them together and then youll know. Last time i checked high 12's are fast. Fastest 3S i believe is running 9's, wouldnt call that slow either. People with my mods, which are just your BPU mods, who upgrade to 14b turbos (stock automatic dsm turbo i believe) get into the 11's. You just need to upgrade the right stuff, wit the right things

as far as taking alot of bank....I wouldnt say that much more, especially since you can pic up 14b's, 13 and 15g's for really cheap used. As far as other parts, maybe a little more than the average car just because parts are more expensive because there arent alot of people who make parts, but its getting better

Originally posted by COLD AIR:

high 12 are slow and you arnt going 11

graemlins/slap.gif for saying high 12's are slow. Maybe for a top fuel dragster. And as far as for not getting 11's....http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=241498&highlight=14b+times

read his sig

Ha, your talking to some guys that been to the dsm shootout for the last 5 years running and witnessed first hand some of the fastest 3si cars in the country. Not only are they heavy but they are expensive to make really fast. So maybe it should be changed to say it takes a lot of bank to make those tugs fast. [/QB]

fastest in the country at the DSM shootout? I dont think so. I went to this years, and the one that looked the most impressive didnt even run. People run high 12's on stock turbos. Just incase you dont know how big stock turbos are, make 2 fists and hold them together and then youll know. Last time i checked high 12's are fast. Fastest 3S i believe is running 9's, wouldnt call that slow either. People with my mods, which are just your BPU mods, who upgrade to 14b turbos (stock automatic dsm turbo i believe) get into the 11's. You just need to upgrade the right stuff, wit the right things [/QB]

This last year was an extremely poor example, i was referring to the past few years. Little to noone from the 3si community was there this year but 2 years ago our RV was side by side w/ the AAM guys and at the hotel we were kicking it w/ the guys from dynamic racing(who i believe have the fastest 3si w/o nitrous). At that time the AAM guys were the fastest in the country and I do believe they were running twin 16g's. The dynamic guys were messing w/ propane injection and still working out the bugs with their setup.

I'm not saying you won't/can't be fast, i was only pointing out that your going to sink some money into it to be whats considered fast in this area. Just look at Jeffs 3kgt, he probably got 20K + in engine mods done to it. Good luck w/ your project, hope to see you out sometime.

-Just incase you dont know how big stock turbos are, make 2 fists and hold them together and then youll know.

-Last time i checked high 12's are fast.

-You just need to upgrade the right stuff, wit the right things

-I dono how small your fists are but the TD04-09B-6cm2 turbo is about as large as my big toe.

-Check again, or better yet... actually go 12s and you will realize that 12s are slow too.

-Genius! Now I know what I've been doing wrong!

I have a feeling you are relatively new to this game. Am I right?

To be on BOTH sides here....

a.) dont knock the DSM POWA'

b.) stock 3s's actually see low 12s with stock 9Bs. Add 2 14Bs, and adapter plates and a couple small supporting mods, even keep the stock ICs and piping.. 430all wheel hp on pump gas. Its actually the new 3s hotness.

c.) 3S's can be garbage... I know.. mine is sitting with a spun bearing mod... buying engine sucks, cause they dont rebuild nicely.

d.) At least there are DSM gods that know what they are doing.. I have YET to see ANY 3S OWNER come any where near what the DSM community has figured out. The fastet 3s record in the US is heald by a guy named Matt on 3si.org and he has YET to see 9s. The only reason the dude sees 10s is because he has a shop and can throw any part he ever wants on the car. He uses turbos that would make a DSM see 7s for crap sake, and he only nets 10s. 10s are fast yes... but not when your using 1000HP turbos.

Theres a little good and bad on both sides of this story.

And... PS... FMIC on a stock 3s is a pure waste of cash when stock ICs have seen 11 second passes. Shoulda bought other mods first ;)

Chris, learn to shrug off what other people say about your car. Not everyone has the same taste, it's the differences that make sites like these worthwhile.

FWIW, the 3000 is a fat pig. My car was also a fat pig. Who cares. You aren't buying a car for anyone but yourself. Relax, say "thanks" to those who like it, and "OK, that's cool" to those that don't.

Edit: IC looks good.

yea its fixed, shea helped

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

-I dono how small your fists are but the TD04-09B-6cm2 turbo is about as large as my big toe.

-Check again, or better yet... actually go 12s and you will realize that 12s are slow too.

-Genius! Now I know what I've been doing wrong!

I have a feeling you are relatively new to this game. Am I right?

You are wrong. And you should see a doctor if your toe is as big as a 9b...and what you did wrong was buy a disposable speed machine.(i do like dsm's) And 12's might feel slow cause you get used to it. Im sure for someone who runs 11's all day is bitching how slow it is and wants 10's.

Stock IC's are good for 11's they say, i had the core laying around so why not use it.

Thanks to everyone with complements, and to the others..."OK, THATS COOL"

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Where about do you live in Powell? I live off of liberty and I saw your car on Sawmill last week. Nice looking ride man.

-Marc

I live in the new neighbourhood next to the golf course, wedgewood park or something (lol, dont even know my neighbourhood's name yet)

Another +1 on 3s side.. at least the 3s will sell for TRIPLE what a DSM sells for.

I could sell my 91 for the same price you could buy a 97 GSX or GST for (7-8k). Just the other day I saw a 93 vr4 sitting on a lot for 13k. Some one will buy it. Gotta love the resale at least.