my front mount intercooler

CRed05

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mr Blunt 2gnt:

I'm not saying you won't/can't be fast, i was only pointing out that your going to sink some money into it to be whats considered fast in this area. Just look at Jeffs 3kgt, he probably got 20K + in engine mods done to it. Good luck w/ your project, hope to see you out sometime.

VR4's / TT's can be made EASY 12-second cars with mostly stock parts. BPU cars have gone mid/high 12s and 15g (stock compressor housing = TINY) have gone high 10s on spray and 11.0s on boost. Things are REALLY starting to change over on 3si with all the TD05 turbo options including using the 14bs with adapter plates and the 13/18Ts and the even bigger Garrett GT series turbos. There are a handful of running single turbo cars that all have crazy potential for hp #s and track times.

As far as the constant "pig" comments its quite easy to get them down to a svelt 3400-3500lbs. Not trying to argue thats light, but atleast its in the same ballpark as the supras, 300ZX's, F-bods and lighter than the new cobras.

Car will never be a *great* 1/4 mile car but its very capable of holding its own and still being able to run on the highway and even be competitive at a roadcourse all at the same time without changing tires. Theyre not all bad smile.gif

Just thought id add some insight tongue.gif

Oh, and i have no-where near $20k in my engine--brett actually pays me to design and fabricate evrything so i think i might be up :D

Oh, and yes this is Jeff with my first post on here in close to a year smile.gif

Originally posted by stealthmonkey:

hmm what do you consider fast? a Disposable Speed Machine?

FMIC IS beastly! damn looking good chris.

mine is bigger ;) so whats that make it uber beastly??

Originally posted by ChrisR 6G72TT:

i have seen critters tail lights before, and he has also seen mine. And the turbos probably are the smallest turbos on any car...and stock for stock, still kicks everyones ass (when i say everyone, i mean most turbo cars)

"Big turbos are the size of your fist" -- I hope you have BIG hands, if not ill sell you a set of BIG fist size turbos. (did 240s even come with turbos?)I consider big turbos the size of your open hand. And size doesnt even matter, the size and flow of the compressor wheel is what matters

Hey brian...now that i have my boost figured out, and that i wont blow anymore pipes, bring your piece

When ever you want to run my 240 ill give you some tail lights ;) . And yes my car is boosted. Also your knowledge of turbos is lacking, i suggesst maximum boost. And the houseing in which your "compressor wheel" does matter. Not trying to be a dick at all, i am not out to start anything.

Geoff i think all the dsms that replied in this thread ( minus mabye critter ) sound like they are greater then said 3s. Get off your elitest horse, we know you like them hoooray, and we know dsm's have issues, but i think its more or less a mitsu issue then just dsms. I wishiwascool's car is the shit, and he is a level headed guy. Thumbs up to him.

My dick is bigger, does that make mine uber dick? graemlins/gives.gifsmile.gif

you probably have a sr20 in it dont you?

I didnt mean that the housing doesnt mean ANYTHING, just that the wheel means more.

[ 18. November 2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: ChrisR 6G72TT ]

Originally posted by ChrisR 6G72TT:

My dick is bigger, does that make mine uber dick? graemlins/gives.gifsmile.gif

you probably have a sr20 in it dont you?

I didnt mean that the housing doesnt mean ANYTHING, just that the wheel means more.

Dosent matter what motor is in my car. Its got a turbo on it, that about it. I am just stateing that Geoff gets all giddy over your front mount like its king shit cause its on a 3s. But in realitly there are much bigger, not knocking yours, i like it, and its well sized.