my front mount intercooler

CRed05

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always like the 3s, but they are just too heavy. I acutally looked at a couple before getting my DSM.

I've seen video's of quick ones. Too bad after a few 12 second runs, and a couple of 5k launches you are probably going to be walking back down the track picking up pieces of your drivetrain. smile.gif

BTW - Nice FMIC! smile.gif

Originally posted by ChrisR 6G72TT:

[/qb]

Ha, your talking to some guys that been to the dsm shootout for the last 5 years running and witnessed first hand some of the fastest 3si cars in the country. Not only are they heavy but they are expensive to make really fast. So maybe it should be changed to say it takes a lot of bank to make those tugs fast.

Big turbos are the size of your fists......LMAO dude go read a book.

Your car does look nice, im not knocking that, i am knocking the fact you think those turbos are big....Infact those are some of the smallest factory turbos i have seen.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

Your fellow vr4 friend might tell you...

it takes a lota wind to make those tugs fast.

hmm what do you consider fast? a Disposable Speed Machine?

FMIC IS beastly! damn looking good chris.

[ 16. November 2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: stealthmonkey ]

Originally posted by criitter7:

vr4s are gay...it sees my tails daily graemlins/grin2.gif

dude you should change your screen name to crankwalk is going to happen then my pos will burn to the ground when the Ecu catches flames.

Originally posted by Fooked:

I've always like the 3s, but they are just too heavy. I acutally looked at a couple before getting my DSM.

I've seen video's of quick ones. Too bad after a few 12 second runs, and a couple of 5k launches you are probably going to be walking back down the track picking up pieces of your drivetrain. smile.gif

couple things. Ive seen stock twin turbos run 12 flat with bpu parts.

heavy yes but that means your ass is going ot stay on the ground. needless to say Ive rode in many dsm's and around 130 they get the shakes. 3s at 140 I could fall asleep.

Driveline what the hell are you talking about? 3's has one of the strongest drive lines in the mitsu family. and what are you compairing it too? a Disposable Speed Machine? If I had a dollar for every person that had tranny problems with a dsm compaired to a 3s and 3stt i would be a very rich man. So go back to your gay nut swinging columbusdsm.com

i have seen critters tail lights before, and he has also seen mine. And the turbos probably are the smallest turbos on any car...and stock for stock, still kicks everyones ass (when i say everyone, i mean most turbo cars)

"Big turbos are the size of your fist" -- I hope you have BIG hands, if not ill sell you a set of BIG fist size turbos. (did 240s even come with turbos?)I consider big turbos the size of your open hand. And size doesnt even matter, the size and flow of the compressor wheel is what matters

Hey brian...now that i have my boost figured out, and that i wont blow anymore pipes, bring your piece

When did this become such a pissing match? Keep you fucking slanderous comments out our website to yourself. Last time i checked there are more DSM's running consistent 11 and low 12 sec passes in this area than vr4's.

Never once did i try to discredit the dudes work or say his car wouldn't be fast. I only agreed w/ a statement regarding the expense of modding the vehicle. You can praise the 3s as much as you want but your starting out w/ a very heavy platform and if your intent is to be very fast you have that obstacle always starring you in the face. You'll need a few extra psi than the next guy that weighs 500-800 lbs less. Again the ic looks nice and good luck w/ your setup.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

-I dono how small your fists are but the TD04-09B-6cm2 turbo is about as large as my big toe.

-Check again, or better yet... actually go 12s and you will realize that 12s are slow too.

-Genius! Now I know what I've been doing wrong!

I have a feeling you are relatively new to this game. Am I right?

dude you must have some Washington apple sized toes (yikes *freak*) if you say they are as big as your toes.

Then realize when the last time did you go 12's with out pieces falling out of your transmission. and or your car burning to the ground?

Originally posted by Mr Blunt 2gnt:

When did this become such a pissing match? Keep you fucking slanderous comments out our website to yourself. Last time i checked there are more DSM's running consistent 11 and low 12 sec passes in this area than vr4's.

Never once did i try to discredit the dudes work or say his car wouldn't be fast. I only agreed w/ a statement regarding the expense of modding the vehicle. You can praise the 3s as much as you want but your starting out w/ a very heavy platform and if your intent is to be very fast you have that obstacle always starring you in the face. You'll need a few extra psi than the next guy that weighs 500-800 lbs less. Again the ic looks nice and good luck w/ your setup.

Thats true, also maybe because there are ALOT more DSM's out there, but true non the less. I dont want it to be rediculously fast. 11's are enough for me(so i say now) And thank you

Originally posted by Mr Blunt 2gnt:

Chad this was not directed at you personally. I like your car it has some respectable things about it. I dont know where these dumbasses come from with thier high horses. All cars have their flaws. With a 3s they love to spin main bearings. It just proves that they need to do alittle more research before making dumn remarks. Ive been there worked on plenty of DSM's and 3s's. Working on both cars isnt glamerious. But I think that all the people with the negative comments started saying shit thats when this thread go ugly.

Its no big deal, the gay nutswinging comment just got me a little on edge. I'm pretty sure that critter posted vr4's are gay as a friendly rib at Chris, i'd assume they know each other. Hell most high powered cars are fn money pits when you try to make them fast. I'd love to have a 300zx tt but i dont think my wallet could take it. Hell my wallet can barely keep this pos 2g afloat.

Why do all the "3s" owners always bring up 240's. Someone must feel pretty upset that 4banger turbo's have just as much potential and style in any type of racing as there factory TT cars.

If price mattered we all would have bought 1st gen eclipses/talons because there hella fast. Instead we opt for cars that don't look like crap :-p.

Originally posted by stealthmonkey:

dude you must have some Washington apple sized toes (yikes *freak*) if you say they are as big as your toes.

Snore. I'm obviously speaking of the compressor wheel not the td04 housing... which my 16g uses too. I used to have a 13g, which is an UPGRADE to your 9b and that was the dinkyest thing I have ever seen.

Originally posted by stealthmonkey:

Then realize when the last time did you go 12's with out pieces falling out of your transmission. and or your car burning to the ground?

I dont know I havent run 12s in a while. My last 3 outting consisted of exclusively 11 second runs, after which I drove my home back to columbus. What did bringing ColumbusDSM, aka the club I am President of, and Mr Blunt is former President of, gain you in this lil mini flame?

Originally posted by ChrisR 6G72TT:

yea, 14b's are even smaller and are upgrades for our cars too...we run 11's on those....what’s your point? You require a bigger turbo to go faster is what your saying

-"We" implies participation in said claim. ;)

-Did you forget that you use 2 of them smart kid?

-I wish this board had an ignore list so I could shield my eyes from inevitable future idiocy.

hey you know what is small as well. a tin cup with wheels that mitsu labed a dsm. btw i am guessing that you have never drove a TT. dont say and lie you have and they arent that great. everyone who has driven a 3s TT has been overwelming impressed. so go back to your columbusdsm board and high jack some threads there and let this thread get responded to.