Funny Kung Fu fight

The Pikey

Originally posted by The Pikey:

I like how all form goes out the window when the fight starts

actualy, it doesn't

Watch more closely. There's a pattern to the way he moves. He's not flailing, he's dodging. They look like girly missed punches, but he uses that to move his body away from the thugs girly missed punches, they go right by. The momentum of the "windmill" movement of the ram pull you out of the way. Try it, stand straight up and do the windmill, you have to use alot of muscles in your abdomen to keep your body from moving. Its just a matter of controling it, you relax a muscle to dodge a punch, instead of using 6. The arms practicaly move themselves one they get going. Thug style was easy though, predictable, I like how he gave him pointers. It was over when he diecided it would be.

YOu do have a point about form though, it usualy goes right out the window after youget hit. "Everybody has a plan untill they get hit"

What the fawk. I saw no one ghetto just some random mexican who can't throw a punch vs. some white kid who looked like he knew how to fight but was still just waving his arms around like a bitch and got lucky.

Thats why kung fu is gay.

Originally posted by Rane:

What the fawk. I saw no one ghetto just some random mexican who can't throw a punch vs. some white kid who looked like he knew how to fight but was still just waving his arms around like a bitch and got lucky.

i've never understood why people don't believe in martial arts. the people who can use it don't show it off.. it's the people who *think* they can and end up just looking like a douche. that was pretty cool... drop

Ya cant see shit, must be a little on the slow side, so I spelled it out. Still you talk shit, and this is why he would beat your ass. It's probably why a lot of people can beat your ass. But hey, beleive what ya want there cheif. Yeah, he got lucky and every movement of his arms equated in his torso moving away from every swing Thugstyle took. If your saying to youself "Self, if he was such a bad ass, he would have just floored him right away", they you are an idiot, and have no knowledge of lwas reguarding assault charges, and how your sentence is effected if you have documented training. He didn't want to go to prison, so he gave the guy ample opportunity to attack him. When he hit him, he didn't hurt him, just planted his thumb knuckle where the neck meets the shoulder. Hurts like hell, and can knock a fucka out.

What you saw was control, dodging, and distracting. But what registered in your mind was "flailing his arms around like a bitch". This is what Thugstlye saw in the vid, and while he was thinking "what the fuck is that cracka doin?", he got hit in the neck. This is why you probably still fight at a middleschool level, like Thugstyle in the vid. Cocky among people who cant find, and a game to those who can. Critisizing Kung Fu is perfectly acceptable. If I thought it worth while, I'd tell you what style that was (american cracks, limited choices, not hard), and go off on a "flash is trash, form holds you back" tangent, but no one here wants to hear it. But what you posted was just some ignorant shit talkin. Watch the vid over and over, slow it down if it's too fast for you. Try, please, try to get yourself a clue.

Think what you want, the fact still remains, Thugstyle never touched him.

Just cuz it dont look like it does in the movie doesn't mean hes just throwing shit. You could take the worlds best martial artist and put them in a fight with someone off the street and their technique will look a lot different because you have to sort of improvise as you go along. I dont know a whole lot about Kung Fu but i do have my black belt in karate and taught it for awhile until I went away to school but I do know thats what it would look like in a fight. Theres actually forms of kung fu where they stumble around like a drunk man and it looks all messed up but its actually very effective.

Lets just put it like this, Kung fu is my LEAST favorite martial art form. Its been all gayed up and commercial, he almost got KO'd by some random little skinny ass mexican gangsta wanna be that had no form what so ever he was just swinging like a girl.

If you watch when he charges the white kit the white kid just flails his arms around to deflect the majority of the punches it just looked like as soon as he got swung at he forgot what he was doing. And the punch he did land didn't look that hard either. Muay Thai all the way, or atleast give me some JKD fuck a kung fu.

If it wasn't kung fu ask me if I give a fuck? I don't sit around on my pc and study martial arts styles so I can talk shit on the internet. I bet your just the new age bruce lee with as much as you know? I also, don't like forms but when you swing at someone it should have some sort of form not just haymakers.

You keep riding this kids dick, and I'll keep laughing because they both looked like highschool girls having a slap fest.

Also, what would the karate kid have done if instead of the mexican kid talking shit he just punched him when they were standing there before he handed his phone to someone or something??

I like how he ducks his head when he throws the punch that actually lands, real pro.

Lets just put it like this, Kung fu is my LEAST favorite martial art form. Its been all gayed up and commercial

I'll give you that. Its over hyped. But, when studied properly, its more effective then muay thai will ever be.

he almost got KO'd by some random little skinny ass mexican gangsta wanna be that had no form what so ever he was just swinging like a girl.

incorrect

I don't sit around on my pc and study martial arts styles so I can talk shit on the internet.

you obviously do, because you real have no depth. You hate kung fu cuz its gay? Jeet Kun Do IS a kung fu style you tit, do you know anything?

I bet your just the new age bruce lee with as much as you know?

I dont study anything on the internet, and i dont need to talk.

The cracka certainly wasn't the best, but I'd bet money he's better then you ever will be, and he's just a student.

I got on your ass because you cant see shit, dont know shit, and talk shit reguardless, knowing full well you probably couldn't take either of them.

Muay Thai? Are you joking? "JKD"? Is that what the kids call Jeet Kun Do these days? Way to spot off buzz words. graemlins/thumb.gif The guy was using simple wing chun, and all you saw was "flailing arms like a bitch", I have a hard time beleiving you know jack shit about this.

Yea, I bet they both would have beat my ass, lol. Isn't wing chun some movie style shit or is that something else? Like I said I don't sit around and study martial arts. The only ones that semi-intrest me are Muay Thai and Jeet Kun Do yes thats what people call it these days when they don't feel like spelling it out.

Why do I like JKD, because there are no forms you don't have to use the style of the chicken or the style of the kangaroo, there are no ways involved stand how you feel comfertable and let your mind and body flow together. While all martial arts follow a similar principle most get caught up in the stand like a monkey or growl like a zebra type shit.

So what was the name of the punch the kid threw? The wailing wild boar hoof punch? Or the Maiming chipmunk claw?

I guess maybe "I real no depth??" Wait, was that a verbal style? Tounge of orc?

Guest rperry74
Also, his technique involves getting the offender off balance, then committing to strike. If you have no balance you can not create force, and once you are off blance, you are going to get hit, that is all there is to it. Just my 2 cents. Also, just for info, the strike he used is called "ridgehand". Very effective for kill strikes.

CR's quote system is gay and wont let me do more then two, so I'll adress points by labeling them:

A; Isn't wing chun some movie style shit or is that something else?

B; Like I said I don't sit around and study martial arts. The only ones that semi-intrest me are Muay Thai and Jeet Kun Do

C: Why do I like JKD, because there are no forms you don't have to use the style of the chicken or the style of the kangaroo, there are no ways involved stand how you feel comfertable and let your mind and body flow together.

D:So what was the name of the punch the kid threw?

E;I guess maybe "I real no depth??" Wait, was that a verbal style? Tounge of orc?

Ok, so:

A; No, it is not a movie style, though there is a movie named after it. You've probably seen the basic training "post" in a couple Jackie chan flicks;

http://www.martialartsup.com/images/woodendummy-tripod.jpg

B; So, a form that gets major media coverage overseas and is touted as being the bloodiest sanctioned fighting on earth, and the one you heard about on some Bruce Lee TV show. Not a great information base.

C; Refer to the last sentence of the previous paragraph. I'm sure the late Bruce Lee appricates your love of his form, but I'm sure he would appriciate you actualy knowing something about it before you talk about it. "The way of the intercepting fist" is a form, it is a trainable technique. It's left open to more individual variation, but it is still a style, which you apparently hate. Mr Lee was a beleiver in fighting without style, but that is not something you can teach. The basis of his sans-style skill comes from having studied various styles. He spent his formative life studying Wa Lum, one of the traditional shaolin styles...that you hate. You cannot fight without form unless you know how to fight to begin with. That comes from studying a technique or two, you need a basis. Lee studied everything he possibly could. His fighting without form stemmed from his ability to blend everything together, and call from memory any number of combinations of strikes and movements that he learned from studying styles. Doing so without studying anything would be like trying to build a cruise missle without studying basic aeronautics or CS.

D: BigBald1 touched on it. Honnestly I dont know, I recognized the form but haven't studied it (or any one style) thuroughly. But when I first saw the vid, I called that hit "Teh Win". graemlins/thumb.gif It was not a hard hit (though it was harder then it looked), but it didnt need to be. A balanced and controled individual never hits harder then they need to, no one wants to go to jail. Thugstyle had no defence whatsoever (though he looked like he'd dabbled in boxing), landing a hit was never a problem. Though you did accurately point out his "studder" at the first couple of swings. The kid is obviously just a student, it was probably the first street fight he'd been in. The kid is by no means a master, probably only gets lessons a few times a week. But, even though he may have stumbled a bit, but it was nothing Chicano noticed or would have taken advantage of.

E; The gramar of your post was far worse then my lil mispelling. Case in point:

Why do I like JKD, because there are no forms you don't have to use the style of the chicken or the style of the kangaroo, there are no ways involved stand how you feel comfertable and let your mind and body flow together
WTF were you trying to say? What is "comfertable", some kind of special drop top automobile? tongue.gif

So, I'm done with this discussion. On the off chance that there is an inteligeble and coherent conversation in your head (trying to get out but being foiled by poor writing skills), I'll say this;

There are no inferior forms, only inferior fighters.

Lol, I wasn't refering to your spelling I just didn't know what you meant by what you typed otherwise I would have left it alone. Alot of people make typos and or spell words wrong that they actually know how to spell on a regular basis.

Your basically not saying anything different then me with your views on things besides the fact that you think the kid in the video fights better then I think he does.