very minor tank rust

jonan

prolly cheaper to buy another one.

check ebay or D&A motorcycle salvage on state route 33 in decatur indiana

otherwise look up gas tank repair shop / mechanic that will tumble the inside of the tank to wear of the rust and then put a sealer in it.

how did you see the rust inside? clear fairings?

there is a hole in the tank, where you put the gas in, and i saw it.

its very minor and there is already a prepump fuel filter.

ive rinsed it with gas a few times and it looks much better, it was very dry and powdery when i touched it, so since rinsing it all that has been removed and clean fuel comes out when i rinse it.

do i need to clean it out better? should i replace the filter more?

i read up on the acid/seal method and i would get the kit and do it myself rather than pay someone to do it.

there is a hole in the tank, where you put the gas in, and i saw it.

its very minor and there is already a prepump fuel filter.

ive rinsed it with gas a few times and it looks much better, it was very dry and powdery when i touched it, so since rinsing it all that has been removed and clean fuel comes out when i rinse it.

do i need to clean it out better? should i replace the filter more?

i read up on the acid/seal method and i would get the kit and do it myself rather than pay someone to do it.

If that's what it is then you need not worry about it. That's what happens when you drain your tank. Condensation builds up and creates a little oxidation. It's normal and wont cause any problems for you

yeah your fuel filter should catch anything that comes through. id check it when you change your oil or something, and just keep an eye on it, make sure it dont get too nasty.

otherwise look up gas tank repair shop / mechanic that will tumble the inside of the tank to wear of the rust and then put a sealer in it.

Be careful which sealer you use if you do. Can't remember which one I used on my old Yami, Por or Kreem......IIRC it was Kreem. Meticulously did all the steps in the directions, and shortly after chunks of it would be floating around, plus it never really fixed my leak.

Read later that Por 15?? was generally considered the better product