hey whuz up.

vroddave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They whine and whine and whine... gets old. Even started seeing the same patients over and over in having the same exams, because they won't do what the doctor orders.

I was working with a guy who had been doing Xray for over 20 years when he snapped at this lady we had seen 9 - 10 times already that month; "You know why your knees hurt? Your fucking fat!" I lost it, we never saw her again. Obese patients were the worse and they made up the majority of exams.

Wow I am SO GLAD YOU QUIT THE MEDICAL FIELD!!! You have no buisness dealing with patients with that attitude. Yes obesity is a growing epidemic in America. It is a risk factor for multiple medical issues such as DM, HTN, Hyperlipedemia, depression. But obesity can be a result of hypothyroidism, side effects fo medication, and diabetes. I have placed patients on decadron or prednisone and they have gained 30 pounds in 6 weeks. Let's see not be able to breath or get "fat"...hmmmmm??? Not decrease cerebral edema so you can walk and talk or get "fat".....hmmmmm. Wow I am in awe of your lack of compassion and patience with people. I pray you are not working in an area that you have to deal with ANY difficult people.

Let me ask you Jeremy....Is everyone in your family thin? I mean is their BMI less than 25??? I'm sure that is not the case. How would you feel if someone spoke to someone you loved like that?

And I hope that guy that spoke to that very unfortunate lady in that manner was terminated immediately.

Nurse Anesthetist is 6 years and an Anesthesiologist is 10 years. Even a Nurse Anesthetist can clear 350k a year sometimes.

A CRNA does not clear $350 a year. Starting pay in Ohio is 125-130. They work under DIRECT supervision of the physician. They do not have prescriptive authority. Their scope of practice is extremely limited. You have to have your BSN first and be in the top 3% of your graduating class to get into a program that supports this degree (CRNA). That program is usually 2 1/2 to 3 years. There are I believe only 2 in Ohio....MCO & Case. I could be wrong there. An anesthesiologist has a bachelor's degree of some sort. 4 years of medical school and AT LEAST 5 years of residency. Quite a difference.