Who's up for a test drive?

Kevin R.

I'm fairly sure that was staged.

From what I've been able to glean from posts on other sites, the epilogue to the "story" is the guy test driving the car went back and purchased the Cobra a day or so later.

My guess is that he actually purchased the Cobra beforehand, recruited the salesman to play along, and then acted like he was beating on the car during the test drive.

Originally posted by Venomss:

I'm fairly sure that was staged.

From what I've been able to glean from posts on other sites, the epilogue to the "story" is the guy test driving the car went back and purchased the Cobra a day or so later.

My guess is that he actually purchased the Cobra beforehand, recruited the salesman to play along, and then acted like he was beating on the car during the test drive.

w3rd, no way he let all that happen

Originally posted by Bad Ass Black Buick:

What I dont get is the camera shots outside of the car, unless the guy in the backseat got out real quick, or it was staged and they had another camera guy waiting for them.

Yup, with you on that - that extra camera (and I do believe it was an extra camera and not just the guy in the backseat getting out and having them do another burnout) was one of the main reasons I was skeptical. That, and just how canned the whole dialogue was:

Salesman: "Okay, I need a driver's license."

Guy: "Uh, I don't have one."

Salesman: "You don't have one?"

Guy: "No."

Salesman: "Okay, well, I guess I can let you drive it."

Also, anyone notice how the salesman made reference to the "5-speed?" 03/04 Cobras come stock with 6-speeds.

Originally posted by Bad Ass Black Buick:

[qb]Also, anyone notice how the salesman made reference to the "5-speed?" 03/04 Cobras come stock with 6-speeds.

Noticed right away, but it really doesn't mean anything, 90% of car salesment don't know shit about cars

Yup, with you on that - that extra camera (and I do believe it was an extra camera and not just the guy in the backseat getting out and having them do another burnout) was one of the main reasons I was skeptical. That, and just how canned the whole dialogue was:

Salesman: "Okay, I need a driver's license."

Guy: "Uh, I don't have one."

Salesman: "You don't have one?"

Guy: "No."

Salesman: "Okay, well, I guess I can let you drive it."

Also, anyone notice how the salesman made reference to the "5-speed?" 03/04 Cobras come stock with 6-speeds.

in the beginning of the video he says grab the other camera

Originally posted by mesteno:

Noticed right away, but it really doesn't mean anything, 90% of car salesment don't know shit about cars

Werd, when I went looking for cars I went to two places (I got very lucky looking and found what I wanted). Both of the places I went to, both of the sales guys were asking me quesitons about cars.

Originally posted by BDHG940:

salesman say its a 5 speed at the beginning?

Yeah, it's when they are climbing into the car, after they've pulled it up front at the dealership. Camera guy is already in the backseat, the "salesman" is leaning in through the passenger's side.

Originally posted by Vaccum Leaking V6:

That SC didn't sound stock either.... It sounded like he at least had a ported SC from what I could tell... I remember riding in a buddy's cobra when it was stock and the SC didn't sound that loud.

I think you mean CAI. There's no difference sound wise from a ported or unported Eaton.