New GT4 force feedback system

Couple things....

The movements are too dramatic. The nose and ass of the car does not move 6 and 9 inhes in either direction. 3 or 4in in either direction would be perfect.

Second thing... as the seat moves up and down, the screen maintains its relative viewpoint... you see the same points of the screen no matter if your braking or accelerating. The suspension has no effect on the view thru the windscreen.

Lastly... it needs some independent vibration motors and gyros on each corner to simulate wheel spin/hop/suspension travel.

I would go into debt for something like that graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Volvo Power:

Couple things....

The movements are too dramatic. The nose and ass of the car does not move 6 and 9 inhes in either direction. 3 or 4in in either direction would be perfect.

They explained that it was setup for a formula on dry pavement, not a rally car on gravel. The difference is obvious. It can be tweaked.

I dont play that game but that thing is crazy.

Niffty, but for 15k, that's just too much cash for that.

My biggest complaint is the screen doesn't wrap around you; in a normal car you can look side-to-side and see what's going on.

Of course the movements are too dramatic as well, but that's an easy fix. The screen thing isn't.

I guess if I was mega rich I'd get one.