video of my 13.5@109 run (mazdaspeed protege)

Guest forged msp

Guest forged msp

here is a link to a vid of my car running the best time it has as of yet. I was running street tires (falken azenis) and 16 inch rims.

i was cutting 2.20 60' ft times. I belive if i can cut down the 60' ft to about 18 or 1.9 i may be able to see 12s.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/azian6er/MOV00698.MPG

save link target as.

-B

Noiice...

Ignore that Ford Guy, he doesn't know what its like to drive a fwd car tongue.gif

great times, your trap speed will drop with DRs or slicks.

I would go DRs, they slip enough to not tear a half shaft apart, and you can drive to the track with them on and such.

Look forward to seeing 12s!

Originally posted by fordstang2000GT:

I watched the video... mph was 102... not 109. 109 would be easy 12's... 102= low 13's with traction. still impressive for a 4 banger though.

i'm guessing he was driving the black car in the near lane. it reads 13.565@108.69mph, it's jsut hard to see cause the guy stands up in front of the camera.

Guest forged msp
Originally posted by 97Z:

i'm guessing he was driving the black car in the near lane. it reads 13.565@108.69mph, it's jsut hard to see cause the guy stands up in front of the camera.

ding ding. yes my et was 13.565 and trap was 108.69

i need some damn traction.

-B

Originally posted by Speci@lized.:

nice run what all have you done to the car, and have you done any internal work.

He has a GT28RS "Disco Potato" that has been modified, front mount intercooler, 440 injectors, Haltech E6k engine management, forged rods, forged pistons, custom manifolds and piping...I'm probably forgetting something other then his appearance mods, but that's the major stuff.

with all that power on a stock tranny and LSD he will soon have a "custom" tranny mod too. :D

Guest forged msp

lol to mallard...

im changing out my mani/dp/turbo/fmic for the MAM thumper kit.

Complete jet hot coated stainless tubular manifold gt3037r turbo(comparable to the gt35/40r)

new fmic dp/midpipe.

I made 270whp on the dyno a bit back, but that was with 10.3 afrs up top. I have since leaned them to about 11.5 or so, and i am sure i am close to 290 whp now.

With the new setup i am looking for 350 -370 whp.

I have a spare busted tranny i got for free that i will be rebuilding here soon just incase anything happens.

-B

Guest forged msp

maybe, but not for a bit (tranny)

yeah hi boost is comming out with one, but Beau is sponsoring me so i am getting a freaking STEAL on the thumper kit.

Plus it utilizes a true equal length mani vs a log style.

I cant wait.

PS tuning the haltech maps aint really so bad.

-B

cool

Coming this winter/spring I'll be looking at possible upgrades that could help me out in my autocross class. So I'll probably be looking at a manifold, downpipe, exhaust as long as the price isn't bad. I'll be interested to see what your manifold looks like.