Another one for Dayton

cattmouch33

Just picked up my 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R about at the end of April. I have wanted to get back on a bike ever since I had to sell my Old 01 zx-6r to Dustinsn3485 because of college. He's made the bike look really nice especially when he got it back after being stolen.

Anyways the bike is practically new. The guy I bought it from had only put 2000 mi on it since he bought it new. He did absolutely no mods to it so it's bone stock for me to play with. I already have the list of exactly what I'm going to do to it and have already purchased some parts.

I have some time to do these mods because my soon wife to be doesn't want me to ride the bike before our wedding at the end of June. I told that was fine since I hadn't found a bike yet. Silly me because not much long after I found the bike for $5,400.00. and its never been dropped.

As for planned mods

PC3 with dyno tune

Factory pro shift kit( no problems with current trans but it's suppose to prevent known issues with some 05-06 models)

Flush front signals

Change out the l.e.d's in the gauge cluster

Projector lights with HID

puig rear hugger and smoke double bubble windscreen

gold GPR steering damper v1

jumper mod

hotbodies undertail exhaust(w/ servo motor kept inline and pipe modification w/ extra baffles for alittle less eardrum shattering sound)

modifying tail section w/ inlets kinda like a ducati or honda to help cool exhaust

Thats pretty much everything that I will want to do to the bike. Not riding the bike and letting it sit in the garage sux but it's only 31 more days till I can ride so it's not to bad. I have wanted one of the 05 zx6rs since they came out and now I have mine. I got my temps before I had the bike and have full insurance on it for $800 a yr. I plan on hooking up with some of my friends like Dustinsn3485 and some others to get my skill level back up and find some nice places to ride. I almost have full gear I just need to get riding pants and real riding boots. The boots I would use now are the Marine Corp. issue ones my brother gave me.

Any questions or comments please post up.

I have some time to do these mods because my soon wife to be doesn't want me to ride the bike before our wedding at the end of June. I told that was fine since I hadn't found a bike yet.

Scary. Promises like this should never be made. Why would she not want you to ride before you are married, but its OK after?:dunno:

Either she wants you to wait till the insurance is in effect, or she isnt gonna let you ride after you get married. Either scenario is BAD. :wtf:

Use caution my new friend............and welcome.

Scary. Promises like this should never be made. Why would she not want you to ride before you are married, but its OK after?:dunno:

Either she wants you to wait till the insurance is in effect, or she isnt gonna let you ride after you get married. Either scenario is BAD. :wtf:

Use caution my new friend............and welcome.

I was assuming that she didn't want any potential bumps or scratches for the wedding photos??

Anyway :welcome:

Hey Hey Nick!

Been busy as hell last couple of weeks.

I took my bike to CarrMoto in Indy for it's 12k checkup. I'm finally having the chip that goes with the half system put in and tuned. Also gearing down a little with a new chain & quick change carrier with sprockets. Lastly putting on the SS braided front brake lines. Hope to have it back soon and go for some rides!

Welcome mr.mouch.. hehe you me natedogg and dustinsn3485 and jared c will def. have to go ride.. after your wedding of course... though i just talked to the boss man and i might bein piqua since it cuts my trip in half.. ..grrr

I was assuming that she didn't want any potential bumps or scratches for the wedding photos??

Anyway :welcome:

Just keepin a brother aware. We have to keep each other on our toes. No harm meant ladies, but some of you know what I mean.

Yeah she didn't want me riding on the off chance that I would show up to the wedding in a body cast or face bandages. It also gives me a chance to take the MSF test so I can get my endorsement instead of temps. I already have insurance on the bike no life insurance policy yet. shadyone piqua's not that far away so it shouldn't be a problem. Besides I'm up there every now and then fixing things.