2 1000 feet boxes of Cat5 cable....

black00ws6

Cool.. UPS stopped to deliver yesterday, no one was home so they didn't leave them.. And today, they stopped and the guy said he didn't have them on his truck. :confused::mad: So they should either be on a different truck or tomorrow.

Steve, yea, same cell but i never answer tongue.gif Just email me and we can meet up.. lovinsj@cimellc.org

Guest powers
Originally posted by Desperado:

There any of this still around. IF so is it solid or stranded wire? And what jacket is on it? By that I mean is it plenum cable or not?

since when did cat-5 come stranded?

Guest powers
Originally posted by Desperado:

Geee, all patch cables are stranded wire. There are even two types of RJ 45 ends, one for stranded and the other for solid.

could you find a link to this cable you speek of. Never seen or heard of stranded cat-5, cat-5e, or cat -6

Thanks

I am not going to go techy poastal here, but there are 2 basic types of CAT5

1. Infrastructure cable (goes in the walls)

2. Patch cable (Duh, name says it all)

The in the wall shit is always solid conductor, and has fits into two catagory's plenium and non-plenium. Plenium cable is designed for being run in drop ceilings that are cold air returns. Non-plenium is designed to be run in non air handleing areas. And really its' the makeup of the outter jacket. Plenium will not burn easily and gives off less toxic flumes than non-plenium because the non-plenium stuff just uses PVC for a jacket.

The patch cable, is stranded wire due to its greater flexability and ability to be bent numerous times without the inner conductor breaking which would happen if it WAS solid conductor. Solid is ok for in the wall because once it's in the wall it doesn't get moved much at all.