Need Beer Keg!!!

PrincessPratt

OK so most of you know I'm not much of a drinker but I'm having a graduation party next Saturday and need to get a keg. I prefer Bud Select. I have b/t 65-80 people coming throughout the evening.

Does anyone know a good place to purchase a keg close to the east side and if I should even get a whole keg. I'm not serving any other type of alcohol (other than the JD I promised my dad). Most are not heavy drinkers.

I've googled this with only 2 companies coming up.

Any suggestions???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no party source in columbus. sad really. the one i went to in cincy had a beer cooler that was bigger than my house.

if you want budweiser, you have to go to the columbus distributing co. off sinclair rd near 71 and morse. for coors products you have to go to central beverage on michigan ave.

a half barrel, or "Keg" as everyone calls it is approximately 160 12 ounce glasses of beer. If you have that many people coming, Id say two. I also have two taps you could borrow and I will even be nice enough to help you set up. Im kinda a pro, I pushed more Kegs through my campus house's then you could imagine. :D

cough amberbock cough

a half barrel, or "Keg" as everyone calls it is approximately 160 12 ounce glasses of beer. If you have that many people coming, Id say two. I also have two taps you could borrow and I will even be nice enough to help you set up. Im kinda a pro, I pushed more Kegs through my campus house's then you could imagine. :D

cough amberbock cough

Some of the people won't be drinking. They are from my church. I probably would purchase 2 if more of the "party crowd" I invited wasn't going to a wedding from someone on this site that day. Hint, hint. hehe.

Thus I prob will only do one. If we need more I can always send my little brother down to meijers to pick up more. ;) But that would be greatly appreciated if you could help kevin!!!! I'm kinda starting to drown in all the planning. :sad:

Buy cases.

#1 If you dont drink all of the beer, it is wasted.

#2 No adults really like keg beer.

#3 you can recycle the cans and get some $ back.

#4 the whole process of getting, setting up, and returning a keg is a pain in the ass.

#5 If you tell people that you will have a keg, they always bring their own beer.

#6 You can buy cases of different beer to satisfy different people.

Buy cases.

#1 If you dont drink all of the beer, it is wasted.

#2 No adults really like keg beer.

#3 you can recycle the cans and get some $ back.

#4 the whole process of getting, setting up, and returning a keg is a pain in the ass.

#5 If you tell people that you will have a keg, they always bring their own beer.

#6 You can buy cases of different beer to satisfy different people.

That's a little too expensive for me right now. This is the only time I have EVER missed the benefits of my ex husband. He worked for anheuser busch and when my brother got married we supplied him with 18 cases of bottled beer. It was all FREE!!!! Can't get better than that!

And you're generaling with the "adult" comment. I like bud select from the tap. Would I rather have the bottle? Of course but when it's free who cares? It doesn't taste that different.

That's a little too expensive for me right now. This is the only time I have EVER missed the benefits of my ex husband. He worked for anheuser busch and when my brother got married we supplied him with 18 cases of bottled beer. It was all FREE!!!! Can't get better than that!

Damn, you shoulda held on to him for the fringe benefits.

OMG...blast from the past. I haven't heard of little kings in like 20 years. Seriously though....now that guy (max power) has me thinking. Should I get beer bottles? I REFUSE to do cans. That is even more tacky than a keg! lol. This is a VERY informal gathering but I do know people like different types of beer. I just picked bud select b/c it's MY fav! Well off to the orthodontist. Maybe I'll see some of u at the lodge bar 2nite!

cough amberbock cough

LOL, I know you would chime in. You are the resident beer expert.