trying to kill a modern japanese bike

John

That was a really good post.

Reminds of some of the testing we've done at work with our single and twin cylinder air compressors. I spent an entire 13 hour day one Saturday as a co-op student blowing up compressors. Carbonized oil is some nasty nasty stuff.

We tried that with a Mercury Station Wagon once... Had the old style wood paneling and everything. Put it in Neutral and placed a motorcycle battery on the accelerator pedal. After about 15 minutes, it threw a rod.

Hillbillies one, wagon zero... We won that war, yo.

its just a good thing they used a kawi or that article would have only been about a quarter of the length.......... :lol:

The only car that i did that with was a 2.3 liter mustang engine (made by isuzu I think). The engine had no coolant in it and was two quarts low on oil and was run at 90 mph for about 5 miles. The engine seized and the block head and the exhaust were nearly see through! The battery died when I tried to restart it right away and i left it for three hours to let it cool down with a battery charger on it. I came back and it started up and it ran fine. Drove the car another 15,000 miles. I sold the engine for 50 bux to some one that needed it for a ranger and he said it looked fine inside and no major repair was needed just gaskets and such. Go try that with any engine made by the big three or HD and you would have some extra parts laying around!!!