01 GTP..just stalls out w/ no warning...?

Bam

Ok, I've got a 2001 GTP w/ 53k on the clock. Was stock until about a month ago and I made a few adjustments. Maybe I fucked something up, maybe its just my luck, not sure.

Anyways, It ONLY seems to stall out or lose power when its HOT out, and ONLY in the city, freeway cruising is fine. Also, when having the AC on it's more frequent. The car will always start right back up and drive ok, sometimes when I'm coming off a light and I give it tiny gas it goes, stumbles, goes, stumbles, etc etc. Then if I'm driving at like 35 it might just stall out.

What's going on? A few ideas people threw my way are...serp belt slipping, alternator going, fuel pump/fuel pressure regulator, and a vaccum leak. Someone help me please, I need my car to be reliable!

Thanks

Matt

It throws a code for the fuel pump, but as of saturday once I cleared it and ran the car for a bit then logged it, the code didn't come back. Maybe it's back now, I haven't checked.

Also, maybe my car does have a resistor but everyone is telling me that 01's and newer don't. I went to the dealer and they said no parts relating to that for my car, only 97-00. Also, I talked w/ about 10 guys on saturday and they all said the same thing and one guy checked something in my passenger fender and said he couldn't find it.

So maybe I do have it, but I don't know what it looks like and I can't find it where I was told to look. You guys want to meet up and check for it?

Thanks

Matt

Checked out clubgp.com and read up on the resistor. Checked under my hood and compared them to people pics showing how to bypass the resistor, and I don't even have the relay in my fuse box under the hood. So must be something else

?????

Guest GMoney
May want to swap out the map sensor it will just stall with no codes it gives an incorrect intake pressure reading if its cheap from AZ sometimes there only 15 bucks